1999 Kona Stab Dee Lux

Lovely! Very nice, you have many good parts on her sir, not seen some double wide rims in years :)
Just keep her clean ;)

Both the rear Double Wide rim and front wheel were ebay hock offs. Would you believe the rear rim went for one dollar!!! Built it up with a Ringle 36h rear hub - heavy but very solid. As for the front wheel it seems to take the hits and the hub can be converted from 20mm to QR.

Woah thts bloody cheap.

I have the da bomb rims myself and theyre still near new after 4 years of abuse.

Buzzsaw":2ig2g5j4 said:
Thanks it must be the rasta inspired paint job and stickers. Great fun to ride. Meet the rest of the family members, Stab Dee Lux (99), Kilaeua (94), Stuff (02) and Stinky (01).

Nice line up...same Kilauea as mine.

Ive just added a 2000 Stinky Dee Lux...stripped and ready to be rebuilt!!
Cant wait to see how much fun it is!!

:cool:

Buzzsaw":1xd7dcnj said:
Got the forks on ebay but luckily the seller had it under as motorcycle forks category (well they weigh as much a motocross pair) so alot of people missed sporting it. Here's a comparison pic of the size of the Monsters to a pair of 2002 Marzocchi Super T forks. Massive.

Always room for improvement my friend.

;)

pbpic2020971.jpg

By crikey I'll need to take steriods if I got Super Monsters and a step ladder to get on the saddle!

and i thought the drop-off triples i had in my 07 stinky were big,
those monsters are f***in' monsters.

sorta glad i didnt buy that set i saw at carboot and went for the AM SL 170s i have now.

Back