Retrobike is One !

if it wasn't for the fact that i've met some real nice people through this site, found some top retro parts and enjoyed looking at everyones retro rides and posts, i'd say that i wished i'd not stumbled accross the site.
it's cost me a fortune in retro addiction and made me dream of anodised bike parts instead of girls.
to be honest, there's no hope for me now ;)
ah well, happy birthday and long may it continue.
well done jv!

Having been a member for 8 months ( seems so much longer ) could never remember how i came upon this amazing site

then we have two seemingly unconected things

#1 RETROBIKE BIRTHDAY

#2 MAMADIRT JOINS

???????????

whats this idiot on about you say

last year i bought a lovely red ringle cage off e bay , and the seller was from a rather close location , so we agreed to meet and swap

we get talking and he mentions his wife spends time on the internet forums for bikes , i thought what , people talk about bikes on the net

you can guess the rest :LOL:

the connection , the guy was MAMADIRT`s hubby , dave if i remember correctly

so thanks to mamadirt for bringing me to retrobike ( in a rather indirect way :LOL: )

thanks john for giving all us retrobates a nice warm welcoming home

and to all you guys for some rather interesting topics

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

I think we need a new category for techniques questions .

I am pretty bad and I need all the help i can get .

Happy 1st RB!!! :D

As above, this is such a good site, and a great bunch of members, no question is ever stupid, and everything is so informative...let's keep it up guys!

I was a member to bikeforums a few years back, one of it's problems is that it became too big and the natural progression was to move on from it...I guess with retrobikes being such a small niche that there'll always be something unique about it from other online forums, and I like that!

For the future...I love the idea about getting interviews with begone stars, maybe a web chat could be set up in the future???

Cheers John for all your hard work!

Rich

Yeah Happy Birthday Retro Bike :D
I'd just like to say a massive thanks to you guys for helping me get what i've been after for such along time!
I have been searching ebay for ages looking for a worthy retro frame to build up! And now i have one. And thanks to auctionwatch i don't have to spend hours searching! Also the For sale and Wanted sections have been a big help too!!! I mean its great you can just type wtd this or that,and in what seems like seconds, you have a reply! :shock:
Retro Bike has opened so many doors for me :D Let's make sure it
continues for others like me!!

Congratulations to all concerned. I am a new boy but pleased to have discovered such a great collection of enthusiastic and like minded retro nuts! Had a great ride last night on the same bike and on the same trails that I rode 14 years ago when I first got it, marvellous...

:p

Rock on and Happy Birthday RetroBike..

This site has to be the best forum on the 'Net. Constantly logged in over here [I think it's only me and Rich on this side of the world!] poised to knock out a soliloquy or two.. Love it..

So far I racked up a Retro Spend of over AU$1200 [that sounds like alot of money, but in the Real World it's about 20 quid :p ] so far on the Bonty, and loving it..

Keep on truckin' RB..

I suppose the Founding Fathers should be praised too, for establishing such a Beacon of Hope in a World dominated by Huckers and Thumpers.. ;)

congrats from meeeeeeeee!

HAPPY BDAY RETROBIKE!

Hello all! Greetings from camping in Spain..

Yes I am sad...able to connect thru Wifi and on pda. Its 8.30 and I'm sitting here half naked in boling sunshine feeling a bit worse for wear, reading and catching up on all posts on RB.co.uk.

Nice to hear everyones feedback and well done again to jon for creating and maintaining such an addictive site/forum. Never thought this place would be frequnted as much as it has!

In the last year tne obsession has grown so Much that I'm hoping when I return my collection will have been stolen so I can start all over again lol...

Got the yo eddy here with a pair of CK wheels all rigid with a fat 2.5 more extreme on the front for beach duty! pretty flat round here but its tooooo hot for anything that wacky to ride up!

Anyway...ill havea look at the other posts to see what I've been missing now..

San Miguel anyone?

Congrats!

Many thanks to John ...and all the other people who made this such a nice place to hang out :)

- Melvin

When I first met Jez he was wanting to set up a fat chance site,(whatever happened to fatfans.de?) Conservsations with jez, then met doug thru mtbr.com & fatcogs.com appeared. conversations with jon saying do you think theres a need for a retro UK site... well I guess this thread alone illustrates just how popular & thankful we all are to jon :D

I think both jon & peteMcC made good points. many people do ride, but not necessarily there retro steeds & everyones pretty chilled out relaxed. a nice relaxed forum :)

Back