Somebody in Scotland buy this !! MBK - Columbus SL - 105

WHAT?!! :shock:

Why would ANYONE want to!?!

yuk.

as robert millar once said of these frames when riding for the Fagor team,
"MBK. It stands for 'Made By Klingons' "

:LOL:

I dunno....I'm not saying it looked nice, but a Columbus SL frameset for £40, you could do a few nice things with it, starting with a re-spray !
Someone might even have got their money back selling all the parts on eBay...the Rolls is an easy £20 for starters.
For all we know, the owner now thinks it's worth nothing, and has taken it to the local dump.

Besides, look at some of the genuine tat that some people will spend £40 on:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RALEIGH-STRAT ... 19cf618287

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/retro-raleigh ... 3cc4253b2a

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
ha haaa!! you're right and i can't BELIEVE that someone paid
£71 for that old raleigh racer!!

what IS interesting is the the raleigh stratos was my FIRST
racing bike!!! hilarious! i can't still remember cutting about the street riding up and down utterly mesmerised by the sight of the front mech doing it's thing!

aye. easily pleased!

:LOL:

Well, your memories are what counts, and it was what you grew up with, so it's a top bike in that respect.

I've seen worse bikes go for more than that though...there's obviously a whole new generation of people who've seen Mark Cavendish in the news, or for some reason think it's cool to cycle, and will spend up to a £100 on a racing bike, regardless of the fact it's got chromed steel rims, safety levers and a knuckle seatclamp.

But if they're having fun riding them, that's all that matters - I don't want to sound snobbish.

1988_Ben":2khqx5cw said:
rusty bodie":2khqx5cw said:
the the raleigh stratos was my FIRST
racing bike

You mean you were riding this when you won Australia's first yellow jersey ?

ha haaaa!! the only thing i have in common with the legendary phil anderson is my old oakley factory pilots!!!

:shock:

Back