X Lite Titanium Pro UPDATE 4.4.12

New chainring bolts arrived today... They have an allen key hole at each end so I can mount them either way without them looking like they're on back to front.. I'm quite tempted to put them on "backwards" so that the plain blue end faces the outside :)

IMG_20120329_091833.jpg

The pedals arrived today too... Fantastic quality and amazingly light! The grey platforms match the frame perfectly.. Shame I couldn't have had the axles in blue!

main.php

v12jat":2ztwduyb said:
Looking forward to seeing the finished article mark!!

V cool indeed! :D

I can't wait to get it built back up... All I need now is a set of wheels and it's good to go :cool:

4th April 2012 Update

I thought I'd show a few sneaky pictures of her now she's virtually finished. Just waiting for the wheels now, really looking forward to being able to ride it.

Let me know what you think. I think it looks infinitely better now that those RaceFace cranks have been swapped for the 'Burns. I was also going to swap out the cable outer, but I actually quite like it.. I think the red kind of ties in with the red/white/blue of the Union Jack on the frame/seatpost decals ;)

Here's a spec list anyway as I know what wheels will be on it:

Frame: 18" X Lite Titanium Pro
Forks: Trimnell (Titanium legs, dual stem)
Headset: n/a (part of forks)
Stem: n/a (part of forks)
Handlebars: X Lite Titanium
Bar Ends: X Lite Enduro (?)

Shifters: XT M740 8 Speed
Rear Mech: XT M739 8 Speed with KCNC Jockey Wheels
Front Mech: XT M73x
Cassette: XT M737 8 Speed NOS
Chainset: Middleburn RS3 175mm, Middleburn Chainrings, Aerozine Anodised Chainring Bolts
Pedals: SARS Sealed Bearing

Brakes: XT M739, Ceramic Pads
Brake Levers: XT M73x

Seatpost: X Lite ZE 28.6
Saddle: X Lite PSS1

Front Wheel: Pace Carbon Hub (blue caps), laced to NOS Mavic 217 Ceramic Rim
Rear Wheel: Hope Ti Glide (silver) laced to NOS Mavic 217 Ceramic Rim
Tyres: Continental Traction Pro

Wheel/Seatpost Skewers: KCNC Z6

Weight: TBC ;)

Oh, and yes, in picture 4 you will see that one of the original bottle cage bolts wouldn't come out (just spinning in the frame), so it's staying in... No biggie ;)

IMG_20120404_114307.jpg

IMG_20120404_114451.jpg

IMG_20120404_114324.jpg

IMG_20120404_105457.jpg

IMG_20120404_114528.jpg

I love the kit and the blue parts (especially the burns :cool:) just don't like the cables.

Black all the way for me.

Sorted any wheels / tyres yet?

That's a lovely looking bike, although like the_duke I'm not so sure about the cables... I prefer just one accent colour on a bike, but that's just my taste!

You could really do with a pair of blue Hope hubs on Mavic 217 CD wheels on that... ;)

Mr3b's looking sweet.

is that a new way to check carpet pile depth - "the middleburn ring test"

I like the red cables they looks almost sci-fi but reckon on white bullseye cranks with the blue anno too :shock:

it's going to be unique whatever (in a very good way)

And :cool:

the_duke, pierre, I see what you're saying about the cables... I do like them but part of me thinks that the bike would look better with some grey outer rather than the red.

I'm going to keep them on there for the time being though as I want to ride it for a bit first before I start fettling again!

And Pierre - it would look ace with the blue Hopes on it, but I'm a sucker for some nice Ceramic rims and a bit of carbon goodness ;)

Back