Offroad Pro Am 1989

Silverfish":1qf5e3ha said:
There's a 1989 Offroad catalogue kicking about on the web somewhere but I couldn't find it tonight sorry.

Thanks, found it on the RB Archive.

I'm off to the recycling centre again to pick up a Cindercone I've just been 'tipped' off about! :oops:

Attachments

• small offroad2.JPG
    small offroad2.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 882
  • offroad1.JPG
    offroad1.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 880
That's the kind of find that makes those (usually fruitless) drives to the tip worthwhile!

I 'tip' my hat to you, sir

Off road Pro-am

Interesting, the scan of the brochure shows two pics.
One with rear canti's as original thread bike while the smaller pic shows rear brake similar to the one on above link.

No see or hear of many Offroads, keen to see it when finished.

P.S.
I have a much lesser version, the Offroad Sport in yes you guessed, yellow and black. ;)

Nice, I have claimed the one on the thread above last night.

Good tip find, I go to my tip regularly but never anything there worth picking up.

I wonder if the rear brake thing is to do with frame size?

Unidude - yep, that black and yellow sport is the bike I nearly had for my first bike but I got a Raleigh Mirage instead! :roll:

Vinevo - Cool, what ya going to do with yours?

Hydorah - That tip joke was rubbish! :LOL:

Yes, different brakes will be for different sizes -- sticky-out cantis on the big'uns, tucked-away U-brake on the tiddlers so you don't clout your legs on them. Nice find :)

My early Giant Super Sierra which is mint and huge so never gets used has a great condition XT group on it so I may move it all over, not strictly correct for a couple of reasons but it can always go back!

Back