Roy Cottingham SL 1993 Chrome Finish

RooKilo":r2oncbh7 said:
The only problem I have now is I'm unsure what to build it up with so I eagerly await your comments and suggestions :D

Well out of the ten replies only mine had a tip about covering up the red chips on the chrome-work :roll:

The rest are just you same old boring about 'how nice it is' replies and none of the actually replied to you initial of 'what to slap on it'

I reckon a *fully anodised removed polished* Campagnolo Chorus old 90's groupset would up the bling factor even more ;)

Cheers.
Ian.

"Well out of the ten replies only mine had a tip about covering up the red chips on the chrome-work :roll:

The rest are just you same old boring about 'how nice it is' replies and none of the actually replied to you initial of 'what to slap on it'"

- very boring.... :roll:

your'e not very original with your chorus suggestion ;)

how about Suntour superbe pro (if you can get it)

Ian Raleigh":3f605csq said:
RooKilo":3f605csq said:
The only problem I have now is I'm unsure what to build it up with so I eagerly await your comments and suggestions :D

Well out of the ten replies only mine had a tip about covering up the red chips on the chrome-work :roll:

The rest are just you same old boring about 'how nice it is' replies and none of the actually replied to you initial of 'what to slap on it'

I reckon a *fully anodised removed polished* Campagnolo Chorus old 90's groupset would up the bling factor even more ;)

Cheers.
Ian.

Grow up sunshine....

oldmuthariley":3v7vx74q said:
Whats up i hit a nerve :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

So its taken MY second post for some to take notice of my boring yet helpful reply thread :idea:

grumpycommuter":3v7vx74q said:
Grow up sunshine....

Another one ! Whats your problem ?

Heres me thinking this is a good forum but seems there are a few low lifes :oops:

Ian Raleigh":3m6ltoe3 said:
oldmuthariley":3m6ltoe3 said:
Whats up i hit a nerve :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

So its taken MY second post for some to take notice of my boring yet helpful reply thread :idea:

grumpycommuter":3m6ltoe3 said:
Grow up sunshine....

Another one ! Whats your problem ?

Heres me thinking this is a good forum but seems there are a few low lifes :oops:

Quite argumentative and defensive aren't you?
Calling people "lowlifes" and being confrontational by asking "what's your problem" is a pretty immature response.
Seems to me like your the one with "the problem" and you've done really well in lowering the tone of the thread and taking the attention away from a beautiful and rare frame.

I can recommend a good therapist (but it'll cost you)... :twisted:

When I posted my (boring) comment I were overthinking what would be best for this gorgeous frame. I were puzzled, so I didn't put a suggestion up. I will make an attempt: something European, say ...Mavic? Record in Century finish perhaps?

Thanks for all your suggestions and comments so far....

Ian Raleigh: If you ever need to touch up any missing red bits. Humbrol make clear colours which are
used for the lights in model cars, several coats of this stuff will make your chips disappear
I'll try your touch up paint idea, it makes sense and I don't see why it wouldn't work. Cheers!

Nammonk: Campag Record or Chorus with red Mavic Helium... I've been looking at Mavic Helium's (I posted on here a while ago asking about them) though can only find Shimano at the moment.

oldmuthariley: how about Suntour superbe pro (if you can get it) It's lovely stuff, there's no denying that. It seems to be thin on the ground but I've got my eye out for some just in case. BITD I had some Suntour Cyclone mechs, they were really nice. I've still got some Cyclone hubs also.

Elev12k: something European, say ...Mavic? Record in Century finish perhaps? I've also been considering Mavic, SSC with Starfish cranks would look good - I have a couple of pairs of wheels with Mavic 501 hubs that would look nice in it. I happen to think Mavic hubs are one the best looking along with C Record.

Thanks once again for all your suggestions and keep them coming! :D

Agreed on the Mavic - always looks good. Early Dura-Ace would also be nice. Whatever you put on there, make sure it's as shiny as the frame...! You'd be pushed to find anything that shiny in the average jewellers.

A clean (i.e: unscratched) Mavic starfish crankset would look spot-on.

Back