Frame and Fork: Ritchey Logic Prestige tubing
Headset: 1” Ritchey Logic, black
Seatpost: Ritchey Force Directional (Nitto), 27.2 x 300mm
Shifters: Suntour XC Pro thumbies, 7sp
Rear Derailleur: Suntour XC Pro
Front Derailleur: Suntour XC Pro
Cranks: Specialized ST-1, 172.5mm, 46Tx36Tx24T Specialized rings
Bottom Bracket: Specialized, 114mm spindle
Pedals: Suntour XC Pro w/Superbe Pro track cages, Specialized clips (black) and straps (grey)
Hubs: Mavic Gao Dakar, 32 hole
Freewheel: Suntour Power Flo, 7sp, 13-28T
Rims: Ritchey Vantage Comp, 32 hole
Brakes: Dia Compe 986
Brake Levers: Dia Compe Advantage 5-SL
Handlebar: Ritchey Force Comp (Nitto), 575mm, 5 deg bend
Stem: Ritchey Force Comp (Nitto), 130mm 10deg
Grips: Ritchey True, grey
Tires: Ritchey Megabite 2.0
Saddle: Selle Italia Turbo, chestnut
Serial # MOFF32254 (#16 of 1000)
Weight: 24.3 lbs.

there's something really nice about that. lovely looking bike, no doubt with a story to tell :cool:

BobCatMax":1l5107yw said:
there's something really nice about that. lovely looking bike, no doubt with a story to tell :cool:

Yeah I agree w/you on that. I got this bike from the original owner about a year ago. It was on craigslist for a couple of months, about 20 miles from my home. I finally went to pick it up. The guy was very cool....he gave me the original receipt and Owner's Manual and told me some stories about how he used to ride the bike.

It had an M231 wheelset which I swapped with this set (taken off my '91 Zip) and I will use the M231 wheels on my 55cm Zip (my size). I have another really clean set for the '91 :D The old freewheel was seized on there so I ended up popping on a new Suntour Power Flo.

It would probably look better w/black grips. Though I think this bike originally came w/grey grips, the catalog pics look like black grips.

That looks very cool. Dunno, I somehow dig the grey Ritchey grips, but black ones would go well too.

That Turbo used to be ivory -colored, right? I just got a brown/black Turbo that I'm planning to use on my Bridgestone, not sure how it will look.

edit: just noticed that the Turbo is chestnut -colored...

Major22":3btnsvaf said:
edit: just noticed that the Turbo is chestnut -colored...

All five or so of the '90 Zip saddles that I've seen are this darker color...age does it? I see that the catalog shows a much lighter color - I've never seen one that light in color. Here is another one that came off a '90 Zip:

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

I love the weathered look :cool:

B'stone rule!

Very beutiful bike with a sublime and competent look!
No fluff like bar ends, shox or loud neon grafic that were so common in them days. The designer Grant Petersen (now Rivendell) was inspired by the Ritchey P21 and set out to do the lightest production steel bike and succeed!
Always liked the B'stones of that eara but the were a bit over priced in Scandinavia. Mavic hubs have some of the best bearings ever and my front wheel from -92 seem to spinn better every pasing year. Even if the design, weight and quality of the Suntour gears were unrivaled the function was never as good as big S. But who need to shift gear with such a light bike like that, right?
The Ritchey Logic tube set is balancing what was possible to produce at the time. I got the Marin Team Issue in '93 with the even lighter Tange Prestige Ultimate Ultrastrong quad-butted tubing. Only lasted some eight month of competing and work as messenger before the chain stayes cracked. The year after the tubes was redesigned and given a shorter name. ;)
Here's some info from the horse's moth:
http://www.cyclofiend.com/rbw/#rr32bridgestone
http://www.cyclofiend.com/notes/bsfaq.html

Back