unkleGsif's 1990 Cindercone Karma

Slow progress, but getting there none-the-less

Stem has been straightened at work, with brute force and a bench mounted vice that is bolted to the floor. Not had a chance to check it for accuracy, but it seems good, and still no paint damage, so I reckon the strength in the steel hasnt been compromised

Set of black Suntour XC canti's sourced from ishaw for a bloomin good price, having narrowly missed out on some on ebay. Have also sorted some straddle cables from bankrupts on ebay

Pedals from Videojetman, some very good Shimano Deore XT's.... cheers buddy

Just need to get rear whell built with a bit of dish, and figure out what size front ring I will need

G

Slow progress, but came together quite nicely last night... just need to make a monor adjustment to the reapaired front canti mount. At the moment, its too long and the shoulder too big and stops the canti spring from engaging in the faceplate hole... should be able to get it sorted at work today

I am a bit worried about the chain tension as well, but maybe it will sort itself out as things wear together. I was only able to get no slack with a 36/14 ratio and a half link, but its still a tad tight.

If I get a chance to sort the canti boss today, I should have some free time to get it finished tomorrow

Bad photo, sorry
main.php

Cannot wait to get out and ride it :cool:

G

There are a few things still to sort out long term, such as which brake levers to run, and what seat to use (leaning towards function over originality here, so maybe an old flite)

When this is up and running, I will then be able to strip down the Kilauea and devote a bit of time to the (subtle) custom job I am thinking about :cool:

G

And she's finished.....
Still have a set of Chill Pills to fit, when the straddle cables arrive in the post, and I will fiddle about with the gearing a little, as at 36:16, its a little low for me for what I am using her for. Hopefully will be able to drop down to a 14 or 13 on the back

Finished pics are in the first post as well

Finished
Will tweak a few things, such as saddle, gearing and probably levers, and also have to fit some NOS Chill Pills when the cables finally arrive

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Thanks to all the members who supplied bits, but most of all to Cass who Karma'd me the frame in the first place.... cheers buddy

G

unkleGsif":21s0ilqv said:
And she's finished.....
Still have a set of Chill Pills to fit, when the straddle cables arrive in the post
main.php
You'll be sorting out the angle of the dangle with those front cantis, then, I take it?

Rear looks fine, but the front looks way too narrow.

... the angle of the dangle keeps the heat of the beat, and the throb of the knob stays constant.... :LOL: :LOL:

I'm surprised it took someone this long to mention the front canti's!!!
Like I said... there is a set of NOS chill Pills waiting to go on as soon as the cables arrive

G

It looks fantastic (other than the front cantis...) and gives me a kick up the a**e to get my own singlespeed project going. And all the others at the same time. I'd change the brake levers on yours but other than that it's perfect.

Back