Raleigh DHO 2000, my new build project, nearly finished....

superstu":lc0oo7dp said:
Liking the bike, looking foward to seeing it finished. I am young(ish) so I can wait 10 years for you to complete it. :LOL:

I second that :LOL:

'Sorry kids, he only left his DHO in his will. It was his lifetimes work' :LOL:

Hahahaha, theres not a chance I'd leave this to the kids (not that I have any that I am aware of) but they'd never be able to love and appreciate the Dho for what she is, I really should name her but until she is done the name will have to wait!
If I did pop my clogs and leave the dho to the retrobike family, all I can hope for is that she would be loved and cared for as one of their own!

Safe trails :D

Greetings.

Having moved house during the last year (again) and with various 'issues' that have needed my attention this has taken far to long to get to, however with some free time over Easter I intend on at least getting one ride on this before I move again.
At the moment I am still un able to build her as I would dream, but am getting very happy with what's on her. Would still love a set of manitou millenium forks but one can dream eh?!

Anyway, this evening I have finally got around to sorting the forks out. From the pictures I have already posted you can tell the front was riding a bit high and splayed (180mm forks with a TALL crown) so a hour with a file (not a hack saw) I shortened a blue (firm) spring done and fitted some pink duh duh spacers below the top out spring in the left leg and now I have a set of domains that have around 138mm travel.
It looks so much better already however I haven't properly tester her, maybe tomorrow if I can. Hoping to cut down the steer tube, fit a hope head doctor (such a stupid thing they are!) and then I think she is getting there.

I do have some pic's from working on the forks but the battery is dead in the camera so they shall have to wait. Hopefully pics of her more or less complete will be ready for the weekend.

Safe trails

J

To be honest I can not figure out my head doctor! I think its been tightened up before I got it ( I shall not even start about that as it came from a 'large' bike company and their service they provide is shocking!!!) but none the less nothing a hammer shan't fix. Yeah am only going to take around 15/20 mm of the steer tube.

J

8mm allen key for the hed doctor.

They have a rubber o ring too which can make them quite stiif sometimes, you may have to unscrew it fully then get out the sleeve then the rest.

Greetings all.

So finally some of the finishing touches came together. To be honest there are still some parts that need work but I do believe she is finally ready to be rode. However after last nights antics with the forks I have a sneaky suspension my front brake and rotor may have oil on it but I'll find out for sure when I ride her.

More pics will be posted shortly when I can of the fork service and other random tit bits if people would like.

Anyways, its not as retro as I first thought when I started a few years ago on this but am very happy with it (aside from the stupid halfords carbon spacers, need some gold hope ones!).

Let me know what you think.....

Safe trails

525891_248817455214497_100002587341880_475116_2069671929_n.jpg

Back