What were your first bikes?

terryhfs":qjsy36u8 said:
scant":qjsy36u8 said:
1985 raleigh ozark.reynolds 531. 23in frame!! tho I;d been riding on the mountain for a good few years prior to that :)

Alas your calendar is broken ! The red and black Ozark was 1987, the red and white one was 1988 and there was a multicoloured fluoro one in the catalogue (but never available in the shops) in 1990.

...Pedantic mode off...

Terry..

hmm, I deffo started riding xmas 84/85. what year was the blue/ white avanti?

dp firebird, se racing pk ripper, se racing quadangle ;)
then i grew up and brought my first mtb, kona hanana.
then imported an aluminium hardtail frame from the us for my first try at bike building.

1989 Clockwork Orange Deore....bless it..worked all bloody summer down at Bournemouth Beach Cafe for that bike...soooooo worth it! :)

Rich

Original Black & White Raleigh Maverick - but only 5 speed :cry:
I was 9 years old and I think it was a 21" frame.
(My Dad: "He'll grow into it")
I rode it through the woods around Stockport and Goyt Valley for many happy years!

Always remember the 1st day I had it, I popped a wheelie showing off to some girls and the front wheel rolled off and away.
Good job I was on grass, also a good job I hadn't started puberty!

(They still bruised though!)

My first mtb was a 1988 falcon [mums catalogue] blue with white forks!
Then my first proper mtb, a bright green muddy fox courier comp.
I had that for about 1 year, then in 1990 i found myself spending alot of time in my lbs.This is when the need to spend kicked in!! I bought a saracen special edition! full xt groupset, fillet brazed tubes and what i thought , a lovely purple paint job! :shock:

heathy":1275zp5d said:
My first mtb was a 1988 falcon [mums catalogue] blue with white forks!
Then my first proper mtb, a bright green muddy fox courier comp.
Check out ebay.de if you fancy stepping back in time heathy ;)

Discounting the Dawes Zed lady's frame which really got me started, my first mtb was a 16" blue Diamondback Camarillo with purple-stickered Scott Unishocks, Diacompe 987's? and drilled SS5 levers, purple Kalloy stem and seatpost (post was polished leaving just the clamp purple, x-lite stylee - once a fettler, always a fettler), polished LX cranks, purple Odyssey Svelte pedals with clips and blue straps and white Tioga strappull thingeys (can't remember what they were called) - God I loved that bike despite the pig iron frame - there's a Camarillo on ebay at the mo' but it's giant-sized . :cry:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back