1992 Rocky Mountain Cirrus

couple of things to update with! :D

finally a red CK rear hub to match the front. looking to hear the roar of the "angry bee-vers". yes i had to Canadianize it somehow. :LOL: just need to rebuild the hub with the proper rim from the other rear wheel i'm using.

and i find the all ano red RF crank arms are too heavy on this build. think perhaps i'll swap out for a set of RF IBs instead.

Attachments

• IMG_1720.JPG
    IMG_1720.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 818
  • IMG_1718.JPG
    IMG_1718.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 818
out goes the Avid canti levers, with the problem solver travel agent assisted XTR M960 v brakes. Swapped in some Real Design brake levers to go with a set of ControlTech Vs. While I was at it, put on some red gripshift covers. Also installed the Race Face turbine IBs with a Syncros Ti BB. last thing to do is get the rear wheel rebuilt with the CK red ano hub to match the front. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_2675.JPG
    IMG_2675.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_2680.JPG
    IMG_2680.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 670
  • IMG_2668.JPG
    IMG_2668.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 670
i have a set of old skule Shimano D100 SPD boots that goes, but i don't think that's what the birdie was telling you! i'll post a pic of the recent set of shoes when i get the rear wheel done. :)

dsc01253_203.jpg

Cirrus

I also now have one, that is gradually getting the shaving Mirror Wold Ranger finish!
I know they were "Raw" finish, but I prefer the polished look as with a good coat of anti oxidation wax, leaves the finish pretty low maintenance.
You didn't fancy the "original" look then, with period parts?
Was there a complete bike option? Or was it frame only options?

Re: Cirrus

Wold Ranger":25wk2jkb said:
I also now have one, that is gradually getting the shaving Mirror Wold Ranger finish!
I know they were "Raw" finish, but I prefer the polished look as with a good coat of anti oxidation wax, leaves the finish pretty low maintenance.
You didn't fancy the "original" look then, with period parts?
Was there a complete bike option? Or was it frame only options?

Complete bike was the norm I think. Not sure how common frame only was in respect to availability, but that's how I got mine. Hence the black decals.

Since I bought it frame only in 92 and then didn't actually build it up till 95, original spec wasn't really an option for me. And the Amp fork was a "had to have" for the build. And to this day I'm glad I made that decision, as it's still the "best" matching fork for for the frame.

Cirrus

Here's my "mock up build so I can give it spin" Canti's on the way, have some Tange forks, but the Pace match the "slightly" shiny polish I gave her :p
Period front mech is on the way, undecided upon decals, as not a fan of seperate letters, as these had one piece decals, may see if can get some printed like the originals
May go with threaded forks and quill stem, but we'll see as it's a rider. Feels really solidly built, I guess thats why, unlike most E-stay frames in Allo,y they survived unscathed. Handles really well in the turns, feels really "planted" on the trail.

Cirrus002.jpg

Cirrus004.jpg

Cirrus006.jpg

Cirrus003.jpg

Back