1990 Gt Karakoram

The last few bits turned up this week so I just managed to finish in time for a Sunday morning ride.
Got to say I'm very impressed, it rides beautifully and didn't need a single tweek in its 1st 20 miles or so :D
I might have a look for the correct M550 parts at some point but I'm more than happy with the way the 400lx gear works and looks.

Here's a few pics from this mornings 1st ride.

IMG00145-1.jpg

IMG00146-1.jpg

IMG00147.jpg

IMG00148.jpg

IMG00149.jpg

IMG00150.jpg

IMG00151-1.jpg

IMG00152.jpg

IMG00153.jpg

IMG00154.jpg

IMG00155.jpg

IMG00156.jpg

IMG00157.jpg

looks great! i reckon its worthy of XT, so why not spoil her if your are going to upgrade, may as well.

otherself":2k3vp2m3 said:
Looks nice man. How does it ride compared to your other steads?

It rides fantastic, could well become the fave for the summer months.
I've never had a U brake before but I was surprised just how good they are, I know they clog up in the mud but this is going to see any winter riding.

merckx":4iwfr5py said:
looks great! i reckon its worthy of XT, so why not spoil her if your are going to upgrade, may as well.

Thanks and you have a point I had thought that M730/735 would look nice on it. Its got the Xt cantis on the front already.

Born and bred in Hessle / Willerby.

Jeez that run from Swanland down to Ferriby foreshore through the woods brings back memories. We used to start up at Blue Circle at Scout Wood then smash it all the way down to the foreshore. We'd then go all the way along humber bank into town to do some technical urban work then back over to Hessle. My old cycling pals lived in Swanland and Ferriby hehehehe

That was in 1987 !

I took a nasty fall in Scout Wood, famously. Went down a little track i found between the trees on a stupid incline, in the wet, autumn time. Flew over the bars, did a 'Superman' into a tree head first, did a 360 mid air before landing on the floor in a heap, knocked out. I smashed my new helmet, It was the first time i'd worn one, ever and also wrote off the skiing glggles i used to wear to cover my four eyes.

Did all that on a 1987, Yellow Specialized Rockhopper which I upgraded to the hilt over the years.

Jeez...meeeemories hehehehe

Sounds nasty :shock:

The old quarry in scout wood that you are referring to has been fenced off for some time unfortunately, or maybe fortunately as I know of a few nasty accidents in there over the years.

Anyway we have a ride arranged this coming Sunday starting in Welton if you want to meet a few of us, it will be taking in all the old trails you have mentioned.

Latest posts

Back