WTD : 70's French Parts (26.6mm Fork Crown Race, Mafac etc.)

epic1400cs

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
I am looking for some parts for my Peugeot PX50 from 70's.

1) 26.6mm Fork Crown Race for French 1" headset
I have managed to lost this hard to come by 26.6mm crown race in the middle of the rebuild!
I would deeply appreciate if you could sell me your old used but in good condition race - most probably from 50's-70's French build Peugeot bikes.

2) Bolts for Mafac Criterium Cantilever
My Criteriums has some rusty shoe clamping bolts+nuts. Hope I can find rust free set.

3) Hangers for Mafac
I need 4 of these for my bike and my wife's. They all have rusty cable clamiping bolts+nuts.
If you have these bolts+nuts separately thats great but thats rare, so whole set of hanger is fine.

4) Small Hatch/Cover for front steering lock
This bike has steering lock at the joint of head tube and down tube.
It has small round hatch about half inch diameter in size, similar to oil hole cover you can find in industrial machines.
Both lock and hatch is gone missing when I bought it and I don't need the lock but I want the hatch/cover so that rain water will not get inside the frame.

Below is my bike if you wander what it is;
Peugeot-1960s-tourerlfgss.jpg

I have sourced these, thanks!
1) 650B Rims (or 584 ETRO or 26" x 1 1/2 BUT not 650A or 650C), one matching pair.
2) 5 Speed Freewheel

if you fancy running 6 speed on the rear I have an Atom 77 'Ultra' 6 speed narrow 14-24 freewheel - ie same overall width as a 5 speed for 120mm OLD, you'd need to run it with a 6/7/8 speed chain. If interested I'll check the thread

Thanks for the head up, I didn't think about this option converting to 6 speed.
It is cool idea indeed but I decided to stick with original 5 speed in the end.
Thanks again for your offer!

Back