• Lamima's Raleigh Dynatech Torus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raging_Bulls' SBike 503

• graham1975's 1997 Kona Koa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Using my standard test of which would I most like to open the man cave door to and spot standing there ready to be thrashed round the woods my vote goes to...

The Univega.

I've had to find a new criteria to base my vote on as I wouldn't want to own/ride any of them. Bored of Yetis. The Salsa and Parkpre are too minty. There's nothing there that excites me. I want something I can ride without fear of scratching a decal.

The Univega is truly horrible. Like an ugly child that only it's mother could love this bike is clearly the apple of someone's eye. So fellow Retrobikers who have not yet cast your vote, I urge you, vote for the spekky, pasty faced kid with the clammy wet hands, for ever green snotty nose and the "peculiar" odour hanging around it. Look beyond the perfection of the sporting Adonis, intellect of the class genius or wit of the class fool, vote Univega for Class President, Retrobike's Napoleon Dynamite!

I didn't guess 'til I read the thread that that Muddy Fox is a 24" wheeler, blimey! Someone's kid needs that! Although it should really be yanked from the running

Anyway lots of nice tasty clean - in terms of lack of clutter - and clean - in terms of well turn out-ed-ness - on display and as usual some crazy looking stuff

My vote I felt had to be from these:

oneschnark's 1989 Salsa
Silverfish's 1987 Yeti FRO
Giom6's Zinn Z-Centaur

It's the Salsa. It is a beauty contest after all

i believe in fixies":26uhjhn6 said:
Using my standard test of which would I most like to open the man cave door to and spot standing there ready to be thrashed round the woods my vote goes to...

The Univega.

I've had to find a new criteria to base my vote on as I wouldn't want to own/ride any of them. Bored of Yetis. The Salsa and Parkpre are too minty. There's nothing there that excites me. I want something I can ride without fear of scratching a decal.

The Univega is truly horrible. Like an ugly child that only it's mother could love this bike is clearly the apple of someone's eye. So fellow Retrobikers who have not yet cast your vote, I urge you, vote for the spekky, pasty faced kid with the clammy wet hands, for ever green snotty nose and the "peculiar" odour hanging around it. Look beyond the perfection of the sporting Adonis, intellect of the class genius or wit of the class fool, vote Univega for Class President, Retrobike's Napoleon Dynamite!

I totally dig you, but be careful with what you're expressing there because you might end up on the stake for referring to the holy grail and its various MTB incarnations! ;)

I would like to see the guy who takes the Silverfish Yeti FRO for a ride and beats the crap out of it, like he should!

Mx

i believe in fixies":3672nb40 said:

The Univega.

"I like your style dude"

Like Ron Manager talking about Gary Lineker's sex face - "It's a powerful image..."

The Ken":1dnkcp9a said:
I think fluffy is saying it should be disqualified because it is up for sale, but the rules are it should be owned by the person entering it, it is only an issue if it sells before the poll ends.

I had guessed that, but the chance to comment on a tourney GS chainset was too great...

Silverfish' simply stunning FRO build or Elite's pimply Ultimate? Tough decision. I'm a sucker for Yetis - there are other entries?

coin toss between the two yetis... - can't remember seeing a more blingin' FRO but the colour and campy parts of the Ultimate are just about getting my vote this time... salsa deserves a mention too though - it's beautiful!

I goted for the salsa, summs up retro for me. Although the marin came very close and the kona a close third.

Congrats to oneschnark and his Salsa! :p

He ended before 2 Yeti's!!

I think it's the first time I voted for the winner!! :LOL:

Back