1988 Fisher Mt Tam - Update 22/07/2012

great job Nevada, one of the nicer bikes I've seen in awhile.

I love the fillet brazing in the bottom bracket area. Rare to find a bike of this vintage in this condition + the proper parts to make the build just right.

Took this out today, forgot to take any ics on the ride but here's a few when I got back:

dsc0174kt.jpg

dsc0170rs.jpg

dsc0202cd.jpg

Bike rode well through a very technical route courtesy of theredchilli round the FoD, only lost a handle bar end cap.

No NOS on it anymore :LOL:

had a quick spin on this today, and it rode nice.the fillet work on the bottom bracket looks great,nice job adrian :D

jamabikes":bpkqfcd6 said:
needs two finger brake levers ;) :LOL: :LOL:

I was thinking of getting some braze on's for some 180mm twin pot floating discs ;) :LOL:

Thanks for all the great comments chaps :D

Gear cables and original grab on end plugs will finish it properly :)

nevadasmith":36c1v3wv said:
jamabikes":36c1v3wv said:

I was thinking of getting some braze on's for some 180mm twin pot floating discs ;) :LOL:

;) looks so smart. Have often admired it as it's gone trough peoples hands but this seems the definitive build.

jamabikes":1apsz6m7 said:
nevadasmith":1apsz6m7 said:
jamabikes":1apsz6m7 said:

;) looks so smart. Have often admired it as it's gone trough peoples hands but this seems the definitive build.

I had a few ideas for how to do this - I actually built it with Suntour xc9000 first, then tinkered with S/S but pretty soon it became apparent that OE equipment and reuniting the frame with some of the original parts was the right way to go :D

Latest posts

Back