93 MOOTS GOODNESS~~~~!!! Pic heavy w Off-Roading Shots!

Nice! I like these as I regard them as the original soft tail and Moots seemed to be into Titanium as a frame material very early - first one shown in '91? I saw one for sale recently but it'd had a very hard life.

jonrock":394f9tx8 said:
Nice bike.
Interesting rear brake set-up.
J

Thanks Jon!

I feel the same way too about the brake cables. But haven't been too bothered with them since they've not bothered me. Maybe after the off road session things might change? :roll:

jujupunk":26ns94ji said:
nice looking bike, how much travel does that have on the back? Does it bottom out much?

Very nice build :cool:

Thanks mate! I've no actual knowledge about this frame other than the serial number which is #93 19. I'm hoping some gurus here could give some pointer.

I'll let you know if it bottoms out this weekend when I head off road. Really do hope it's wet to test my skills once more!

Uncle Monty":3v4qcp6i said:
Nice! I like these as I regard them as the original soft tail and Moots seemed to be into Titanium as a frame material very early - first one shown in '91? I saw one for sale recently but it'd had a very hard life.

Hello Uncle Monty!

I have to admit I never had much of a thing for Moots back then. Had always been a fan of Merlins instead.

Moots did came out with a number of weird looking stuffs, so did the rest of the Titanium "mafias". What I do know is the YBB series was launched in 93 with a 1" head tube. But this particular one I have is a 1 1/8". I guess I'm lucky cause the parts are easier to source. ;)

Definitely a very tasty bit of work. Love the Lizards - there was a set for sale on here recently which were tempting but I was skint. How good are they?

michael franks":1sq74o3g said:
Definitely a very tasty bit of work. Love the Lizards - there was a set for sale on here recently which were tempting but I was skint. How good are they?

Thanks mate! I bought the Lizards off the seller. I think he has a number of them?

No doubt, they are cheap. I love how they look to be honest. But problem is, setting them up is quite tricky. Also, it does not land flat enough onto the rim to fully maximise the braking power of those brakes. I will attach some photos for your reference over the next few days. =)

dancingjack":3ud09nm7 said:
Thanks mate! This is my real pride and joy now!!!

As it should be!!! What do you think of it being a soft tail vs a hardtail? I want to hear a ride review :twisted:

As promised, here are some close up photos of the brakes. It is quite difficult to set up indeed. And up till now, I've not been able to use the Quick Release method as it hooks on way too tight!

P1010671.jpg

P1010672.jpg

P1010674.jpg

P1010675.jpg

P1010678.jpg

I have to hang on a little while more till I'm able to give some proper reviews on the bike. Unfortunately, not many bikes has been able to match the fun I had on my first bike, the Cannondale Beast of the East....

bwhsh8r":17980m3q said:
dancingjack":17980m3q said:
Thanks mate! This is my real pride and joy now!!!

As it should be!!! What do you think of it being a soft tail vs a hardtail? I want to hear a ride review :twisted:

Back