Any Bontrager experts?

Didn't bontrager build a set of rigid legs to fit a Mag crown? Best person to ask is your local framebuilder. Since I know you're in the SW Argos (not the catalogue store - although they have some great bargains this time of year) would be a pretty good starting place.

Rutteger, would be more than interested in the Buckshaver review, as I have just acquired one!!

Great site BTW :)

ta..

that's news to me about the fork legs...will have to keep my eye on auction watch, am not in any hurry as I've still got to choose a colour...

Gump, great bike (some say better than a YoEddy?!) There's a review (from MBi) of the BuckShaver somewhere on the FatCogs site.

gump":jnmbszet said:
Rutteger, would be more than interested in the Buckshaver review, as I have just acquired one!!

Great site BTW :)

ta..

Safe. Was that kase1983s old buckshaver?

As for the bonty legs for a Mag crown I'd be double checking that ;)

that was the one.

Been looking for something nice for a while, but being a bit fussy about what, in my size, well this came along... Feel a bit cheap buying a full bike, but hey, I think it needs a touch more colour coordination to be perfick ;) some of the stuff on it is really clean too. Oh, and it will be ridden hard!! Just as soon as this crap weather subsides a touch so it matters what bike your on :(

I really fancied a Yo or Wicked, but after seeing this in the flesh, and a quick spin, think i'll be more than happy :D Just 'felt right' - even like Arrest Me Red! now

Buck Shaver aka 'Huck Raver'

yd91hj.jpg

Gump, that Red pretty damn bright even on a night ride*!
It makes a good backdrop to lots if nice andodised blue components tho'

I found mine to be a very comfy ride, although I wouldn't reccomend using V brakes on the back, as the stay flex alarmingly.
My mates nicknames the bike the huck raver although bike & rider have yet to manage anything of the sort...

*no prizes for spotting the Bontrager content in this pic

Hmm. Some tenuous Bonty content but we'll let it slide ;)

Looking forward to seeing your Buckshaver built gump. Is it the same colour as Tangents? I'd not worry about buying one built, swap a few bits around and make it your own.....

Nice one tangent!! Good looking bike :D What forks are they?

I am planning on keeping most parts, but needs a bit of a tweek. The cantis are Pauls, red anno, so they won't be going!!!

I have the pic that Kase sent me, which I will just try and upload somewhere now.... hang on....

huck raver

Woah! there's some pretty colourful & trick equipment there, what with a blue (pauls?) rear mech n'stuff, think I saw some gold as well?

I'm using Pace RC30 rigid forks on mine Gump, which make it pretty nimble, although maybe not the wisest choice for night rides. Glad to hear your planning to ride it a lot once the weather sorts itself out!

Back