1994 Kona AArgh!!! - Updated (not so Argh!!)

OrangeRetro

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I picked this up from ebay yesterday and was feeling smug until it arrived. My initial concerns are now fading though as it seems to be slowly turning into a bit of a classic. Picking off those reflective stickers was an absolute nightmare though!

It might have to sit on the back burner now though as my P7 is nearing completion... arghhh too many bikes, what is this site doing to me? :shock:

Attachments

• KonaAA2.jpg
    KonaAA2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 4,235
  • KonaAA1.jpg
    KonaAA1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 4,235
  • KonaAArgh.jpg
    KonaAArgh.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 4,235
amaazing the difference when you raise the seatpost, lose the bar ends, put a proper stem on and remove excess tat... starting to take shape nicely.

Notice you're using the original canti brake cable guide to run V's on the rear, that work ok ??

oh, and it's pronounced aah aah .. ;)

I'm always amazed at how some people can manage to make a decent, nice looking bike look completely ridiculous!

I'm glad you've rescued it - even just turning the seatpost round was a good start :)

i'm using the original router to run a V with a little nugget drapoon sent me. i have one spare if anyone needs one (FOC) appears to work well, though konas dont seem to roll well with shimano V's for whatever reason.

Unfortunetly the V's are rubbish through the original guide, I might be able to fix it with be extending the piece of outer cable running to the noodle, but any sort of adapter would be apprieciated if theres one going..

Hilts":3eu1mcdh said:
amaazing the difference when you raise the seatpost, lose the bar ends, put a proper stem on and remove excess tat... starting to take shape nicely.

Notice you're using the original canti brake cable guide to run V's on the rear, that work ok ??

oh, and it's pronounced aah aah .. ;)

which means 'hot lava rock', so presumably the Hawaiian dialect is based on the phonetics of things - aah aah is what you say when you step on hot lava rock, hei hei is what you say when you want to race someone etc.

So what was it that Kikapu meant again?

Back