Build thread: 1993 Kona Explosif

Well I saw it in the flesh (the Kona not Poddy :shock: ) this afternoon and it looks stunning. The argos metalic paint both on the Fork/Stem combo and on the frame really show their quality in the sun.

He's not wrong you know! :)
I'm chuffed to hell. I must have had the frame 6 or 8 months by now. I've NEVER taken this long to build a bike in my LIFE!! :)

IMG_3493 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

IMG_3509 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

I think the green and gold is a good match

IMG_3497 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

Some of it looks literally brand new.

IMG_3495 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

IMG_3500 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

Probably the most expensive pair of wheels I'll ever own. I guess there would have been little if any change from £500 on these from new.

IMG_3501 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

IMG_3505 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

Magura. Because I actually want to stop!

IMG_3506 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

IMG_3502 by PeterPoddy, on Flickr

The only thing I don't like is the black seat post. I REALLY needs to be silver.
I make no apologies at all for the 4 bolt Middleburns. All my bikes are 4 bolt and I'm not adding another standard to the garage.
Same goes for the saddle. SDG Bel Air, because I can actually sit on one all day!

It's not going to get a lot of use, but sunny summer trail rides are right up it's street I think

An the answer to the question you're all asking is "Just a couple of ounces over 24lb, including the bottle cage"

:D

ace build and pics., too. :cool:

If you are considering changing the post to a sliver one, why not changing the saddle, too ? I think the saddle itself looks good, but maybe in a different colour ? The brown looks quite lost. :?

Everyone I've shown it to says they don't like that saddle! It's stopping on there, but point taken, I think a silver post will show it off LOT better!

Back