The RB 'what I bought/ found/ scrounged' this week thread

Found some 737 XT/Mavic 517/Ritchey Megabite wheels on Kijiji today for a good price. Stopped to pick them up on the way home from work. When I got there there was another 737 cassette, some Yeti grips, V brake pads, and some DB platform pedals available for a good tacked-on price. I didn't need the pedals as they were 1/2", but took them and mentioned I'd throw them in with some other parts I was going to give to the local bicycle Co-Op. An old Miyata came up out of the basement in beautiful but dusty shape to get donated along with the parts I had for the Co-Op. Ended up the wheels I bought were off the wife's old bike (she said she had just picked up a new Fuel and we knew a few of the same people in the industry). Saw a book on F1 on the table by the door. Started talking cars/F1 with the husband. Turns out he's a race instructor, member of the Porsche Club of Canada, and we know a lot of the same people from both the local Porsche and Audi clubs. Odd turn of events to say the least.

Agreed deal for UGLI forks for my Torus. :D Means the RC30's have to go but only bought them because I never thought I'd find some UGLIs. :cool:

Interesting thread with interesting finds!

Here's my list of latest acquisitions:

- a NOS Rito Pro Pack all in blue elox. with barends, QR's, bottlecage etc. (they still have one in what seems to be a light red/pink - I will get it as well) for ca. 10 EUR
- the last pair of NOS amberwall Michelin WildGripper Front for ca. 12 EUR
- sold my mint '02 Junior T, added around 20 EUR and got a period correct Boxxer for my Lobo
- been offered some M737 XT stuff
- technically I bought an awesome FS frame for a ridiculous price from the guy who sold me the Boxxer, but I haven't paid it yet, so I will say what it is only when I'll have it in front of me (I am a bit superstitious with that)

Good luck to everybody with your finds!
Mx

In the last 8 days, specialized road bike, down tube shifters from the OP, new brake levers for the Mrs bike, new KCNC light weight seat clamp & XTR M952 rapid rise rear mech for the xizang. Think that's it. . .

Dekerf Team ST
Pace RC31 titanium as new
UGLI Forks
Mavic CrossMax

And sold 2 as well, been a good week!

A Nice Pine Mountain with lots of original bits (thanks Rampage), a Dynatech that came with some Bonus karma LX pedals... A GT for less than a round of drinks (and I don't have many friends!)

All in all a Good week!

Took the Miyata and a box of pedals/stems/bars/brake parts over to the Co-Op yesterday. It's the 5th bike/box of spares I've donated in the last year, and they recognize my car when I pull up now. I'm really impressed with what they're doing for the community. The meat and potatoes is low cost BSOs for the less fortunate people/kids in the city, but they also do up some really eclectic fixie/single speed bikes to relieve the hipsters of some of their cash. The kids have skillz.
IMG_0113.JPG

IMG_6896.JPG

20111103_160044.jpg

http://www.newhopebikecoop.ca/gallery-collections/photos

Latest posts

Back