Bristol - Ashton Court and Leigh woods, Sunday April 1st

have a great time guys.

I've gone all roadie at the moment, so i'll be out bashing along the tarmac today

I'll be lurking in Leigh on Trail Pixie duty and be carrying spare bolts....threadlock lads....REMEMBER THE THREADLOCK!!!

Well, now I know! Know what? Know just how unfit I am in comparison to the rest of you guys.

First off, thanks to GM for organising and apologies to retiring early, it wasn't my intention, but once I'd stood in the sun for a bit, while TC attempted repairs on the Stumpie, I realised just how much my poor old lungs were struggling, and we hadn't even got going properly.

So, the resolve is to work harder on my CV fitness and to participate fully later in the summer.

In the meantime, I'm going to meet my daughter up at Ashton Court in a couple of weeks, and we are going to ride the whole of Ashton Court and Leigh Woods ride.

I hope the rest of the day was as good as the start.

I hear that Neil ! was great to meet all of you! Though I think on the next run the Zaskar will be coming (with a respirator)

Poor old Stumpy, she's in the middle of a rebuild now & I'm going back to spd's.
1st off of the year as well & i found the only nettle patch in the woods.

Tc

cce":19l20h5u said:
GM is a fit bugger.

He's not your type :LOL:

Just got back and must say it was a great day, All day sunshine , flowing trails and great people . Thanks to all that showed and traveled.

It was a shame to loose TC and Neilm just as we were getting into things, we had a few more mechanical epic fails that happen in true Retrobike style :LOL: we had another Jockey wheel incident in pretty much exactly the same place as last times ride, I did have my spares with me again including a jockey wheel with a £20 price tag :LOL:

We bumped into a couple of chaps and would you believe one of them was riding a Saracen conquest Estay same as mine , how crazy.. I went and said hello to him (in a Jonnyboy666 style) and he had just cracked the head tube no wonder you do nt see any........ Rupeww bizarrely knew him and was offering him money for his Saracen carcass ....

We didn't really stop for photos but I have hopefully got some VT ,I will download it and will upload to YouTube if any good. I did go over one of the drop offs and landed on a loose rock which was a big thump and a dent to my newley built rear wheel :roll:

Overall a great day and no kite festivals :cool:

There was 10 of us in total.

Gravy Monster - 1988 Cinelli
Onza100 - Schwinn Homegrown
Rupeww - 1992 Kili Racer
Neilm - 1994 Zaskar
TC - 1994 Stumpjumper
Tomster1979 - 1996 Kona
Flash - Big wheeled fixed machine
Reprobate - GT cx
Peter - 1996 DB Apex
Toby - Cannondale M1000

4ddbf9a6.jpg

See you at the next :cool:

Cheers

James :cool:

Toby was on my 92 cannondale M1000. First day on a MTB for about 6 years and has some good bruises to show for it!!

Yes but you missed toby's epic overthandlebars job. Got blood on my bike but its ok, hes ok too but he had to have a lie down cos he was gonna pass out I think!

Back