Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

My first ever proper mountain bike was a saracen eiger extreme, it was white with green forks and stem, 400lx group set and black rims with farmer john's nephews on. I'm guessing it was a 91 as it had the twisted decals. dose anyone remember these? I cant find anything out about them now. And I'd kill for a good one. me and that bike did some miles.

Chidawazza":2os90jqy said:
sorry, they told me on that thread to come here and ask, i guess they thought it was an e-stay.

It is an e stay, just not sure it is a genuine saracen. Not bad frames though.

defconfunk":34y667tp said:
My first ever proper mountain bike was a saracen eiger extreme, it was white with green forks and stem, 400lx group set and black rims with farmer john's nephews on. I'm guessing it was a 91 as it had the twisted decals. dose anyone remember these? I cant find anything out about them now. And I'd kill for a good one. me and that bike did some miles.

Hmmm? Interesting. I think that the Eiger bikes were exclusive to Halfords and probably had their own separate catalogue. The twisted style graphics were certainly on the 1991 range and they often had a colour matched stem and forks.
After finally getting all those catalogue scans online it seems that the Saracen enigma just keeps on giving.

drystonepaul":3nsjjmmf said:
defconfunk":3nsjjmmf said:

Hmmm? Interesting. I think that the Eiger bikes were exclusive to Halfords and probably had their own separate catalogue. The twisted style graphics were certainly on the 1991 range and they often had a colour matched stem and forks.
After finally getting all those catalogue scans online it seems that the Saracen enigma just keeps on giving.

It was a halfords bike :D I got it on boxing day 91 when it was down to £300 from £400. I have never seen another in my life

The rear drop outs are stamped 'SARACEN...'

P1160178.jpg

Back