Like new 1993 Marin Eldridge grade picked up today!

Is that 19" c-c or to the top of the seat tube? Got a friend who is after a '93 Marin for nostalgia purposes - we both had '93 Marins as teenagers. Reckon the Eldridge would be a great choice.........

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Could you have sold it whole and still made a few quid?

If you only had it a week or so then its a shame to break it up purely for max profit if it doesn't owe you much. That is not what RB is all about IMO.

If breaking it is the only way to make the money back on something you bought at a higher price with the intention of keeping then ignore me, I dont know your circumstances, but I think its a shame.

I buy old wrecks and use parts to rebuild some bikes and sell remaining parts, but to buy such a good bike to break it two weeks later is sad.

To be honest Rupe It cost me a fair few quid not a £50 lucky find. I appreciate its a shame to split it but I think of it as a whole group of people will benifit from the parts. Breathing new life into old bikes etc.

Oh and yes the remaining bits inlcuding frame and forks are going on ebay tonght...

Wook

It was a shame to split it up, but I can assure you the frame is going to a good home (this isn't to gloat by the way).

Having started on a Bobcat Trail in 1993 and then getting into retro bikes a couple of years ago (please see this thread http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=626242 ) I have been riding a 1993 Marin for the last few years. Including trips with my daughters around Ashton Court and Leigh Woods, commuting into work and also taking on any bikers I see in the woods - trying my hardest to keep up with their new £3000 machines as I am barely able to hold on. The satisfaction of hitting hard lines on a rigid bike where others expect you to fall is brilliant.

Anyway the time has come for an upgrade, my Yeti and DMR are sitting neglected in the garage as I spend more time as a cross country rider and will go for a good build of this frame.

Thanks,

L

Back