1984 Raleigh Road Ace

shawnb

Senior Retro Guru
I picked this up a few days ago, a guy had it for 15 years but hardly used it, he bought it off a mates Dad who bought it from new and appeared to use it rarely as well as can be seen from the gp'4's braking surface. It's full of the rare ax bits that go missing, the bottle and cage, the cable clip, the clear plastic headset cover and the shimano bar end plugs. It's missing blue bar tape - sorted, correct lever hoods - hopefully sorted and the iscaselle tornado saddle - also sorted.
It's a lovely bike to ride, really light and snappy, definately a keeper :cool:

raleighroadace003.jpg

raleighroadace015.jpg

raleighroadace004.jpg

raleighroadace005.jpg

raleighroadace006.jpg

raleighroadace007.jpg

raleighroadace008.jpg

raleighroadace009.jpg

raleighroadace010.jpg

raleighroadace011.jpg

raleighroadace012.jpg

raleighroadace013.jpg

raleighroadace014.jpg

raleighroadace016.jpg

Lovely looking bike!

I am in the middle of a Raleigh Record Sprint rebuild, can't wait to get all the bits together and get riding.

Talk about falling on your feet!

Well done Shawn, tell you what is even rarer, the pedal end plugs!

Absolute beauty

Hi,

I recently picked one up too. Really responsive. My frames not in as good a nick as yours and a lot of the original components have been changed, but still delighted with the buy.

paininthe":1422qe48 said:
Talk about falling on your feet!

Well done Shawn, tell you what is even rarer, the pedal end plugs!

Absolute beauty

Ah yes , those too !!
I made a cheeky offer (which I hate doing on ebay) for £350 and he took it off. I'm happy with that figure to be honest.
Shawn.

kesman85":tbxf6o8m said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110835716111?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_[/code]1416

Ah isn't that a corsa? I bid on that and lost by £10!! some nice parts on it and well worth the money ;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
No, it has a rapide sticker on it. whats the difference between the rapide and road ace? they look fairly identical from what i can see.

shawnb":3l7gsyp8 said:
kesman85":3l7gsyp8 said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/110835716111?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_[/code]1416

Ah isn't that a corsa? I bid on that and lost by £10!! some nice parts on it and well worth the money ;)

This is a Corsa (1984 edition), mine from new.

Roadking.

Attachments

• CorsaTwo.jpg
    CorsaTwo.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 11,870
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Shit hot looking Road Ace :cool: I remember looking at these in the Raleigh dealerships and getting really excited,
to the point of asking if they can do one with a full Dura Ace AX groupset instead of the 600AX groupset !
I was quoted £150 more than the standard bike to have a special equipped DA version done.

I walked out of my local Raleigh with a very saddened face because i couldn't afford it :cry:

Back