1984 Cunningham Racer - "Big Red"

Wow - thats beautiful. Way before my time too but looks so right. Looks like it gets ridden too which is ace!

Bushpig - how does it ride :LOL:

PURE CRAFTED ART..

As the title says PURE CRAFTED, AND NO DOUBT FUNCTIONAL ART

Love it ;)

Would love to see more of these beauties on here..It does make a rather refreshing change from my fleet of kack CNC'd adorned rides :LOL:

Very impressive. Before my time, but strangely absolutely bang up to date in so many ways.
Look at the fashion for drops, high stems etc now. The large diameter tubing and frame are way ahead of time too.

Would be good to take this for a ride, as you would ride in an old car. It doesn't bring back any memories or mean anything personal, but would be an experience to remember.

:cool:

Also before my time, but i have to reckon that it´s a great looking bike. Everything looks right, very clean.

Lovely.

Charlie was building bikes into the early 90s but he did real limited numbers and his bikes got nearly no press BITD. It was a piece of luck that I got into his bikes, although as a high school student with no chance at all at getting one.

I used to write letters obsessively to Charlie and one day he replied. I was so psyched. A year or so later he and Jacquie invited me to stay at their place at to ride Marin with them. As a 15 year old bike fanatic this was a dream. Seeing his bikes in person, as well has his workshop, blew my mind. He and Jacquie can really ride hard too. I was racing Junior Elite at the time so Jacquie set up a Mt Tam ride with Susan DeMattei and they worked me. Awesome times.

So I am particularly pleased to have found this bike. Kind of completes the circle.

Back