Silly thin saddles

dendy":gexuyaex said:
I have used the sdg ti fly for a while and think it is reasonably comfy at 180g. Maybe not so for the bigger of us.

Fzik gobi xm is reasonably light and very comfy, looks ace too:

Fizik Gobi XM

There's also the Fizik Antares and Tundra, which are like sitting on a plank of wood.

I'm Spyder curious too - anyone here ridden one long term and able to comment? I like to think they're soft enough to have a bit of flex and give?

As a long term Flite fan, i could never get comfy on an SLR. They look and feel as if they have a convex curve, unlike the snuggly concave shape of the Flite - strange. I quickly struck the Aspide off my list too :?

Life after Flite for me now involves Knives and Spoons!

:LOL:

try some of the fizik ones , cant remember the model but the one
on my carbon zaskar is really comfy , and light but not super light

Reluctant":1opldtti said:
I'm Spyder curious too - anyone here ridden one long term and able to comment? I like to think they're soft enough to have a bit of flex and give?

Anyone? I'm intrigues too - won't keep the spray off your bits though!

Nice in the Summer I'd imagine :cool: :LOL:

apparently , the thinner saddles retain comfort better over long distance, due to soft ones letting you sink to the rails ,

I've had the Twin Tail Spyder for around a year absolutely love it. For the first month or so I was scared of the comfort level so only rode it with padded shorts but after 1 ride without and realizing the amount of give in the polymer itself made the thing super comfortable I ride in whatever I want. Recently I even bought the D-Spyder (BMX version) for my Brooklyn Machine Works and love that one too. There is considerably less flex to this one but still comfy enough to ride a few miles to the dirt track.

Jaz":1s9jduqn said:
cyfa2809":1s9jduqn said:
Not sure what slr is, brand?

He got this one i believe:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=34928

I've had a couple of those, nice saddles imo & a bargain for the weight (mine were closer to 210g though). Bought one for my Kona SS a couple of months ago when I spotted them on CRC, had one from Wiggle a few years back & it lasted well before snapping across the front.
I think it's a little more comfy than my SLR XP, but then again I find my full carbon Token saddle comfy as well.

DSCF1214.jpg

I have a mere 4 of those bioflex saddles, the rails are hollow which gives a fantasticaly supple ride, a flite ti compared to this is a device of torture! The only problem I foresee is the material does not look crash resistant, although I've not damaged one yet.

dsc02004p.jpg

dsc03073k.jpg

dsc03071h.jpg

dsc03070da.jpg

Plenty of options to think about here, cheers chaps. Those Fizik ones are rather tidy, but a tad out of my price range. Still, there is always upgrades in the future :cool:

Latest posts

Back