Citroen...

Think it is fun for fetching bread in weekends, going to beach (I live 3km from the beach) and that kind of things.

Yes you're right, but in my shed I find enough that is up to the task of fetching bread and going to the beach in style ;)

BTW a Citroen I really like is the Chapron DS Conv. Would complement very well with a Riva speedboat :mrgreen:

Mehari

Heh !

I used to own one of these. It's a Dyane underneath the plastic body. Only buy a good one though - the plastic (ABS) body is riveted to a tubular steel frame which isn't rust-proofed. When you need to change or repair it you have to completely dismantle the car - and when you try and drill out rivets from plastic, the plastic melts.

A French friend saw me driving it once and later told me that if an accident looked at all likely, to jump. The outcome is guaranteed to be better than staying in it.

That said - it's great for carrying bikes, can sort of go off-road if you're careful and does 70MPG.

Great fun to drive but make sure it's not in dire need of maintenance.

...goes to reminisce about his lost Mehari....

Terry...

nearly £3k :shock:

that is expensive .

Citroen owners club in britain are bigger than in france .

Re: Mehari

terryhfs":d4b03abz said:
Heh !

I used to own one of these. It's a Dyane underneath the plastic body..

Hi,

Got a seventies catalogue covering the 2cv, Dyane 6 and Mehari. It is half catalogue, half comic book. Would be willing to scan next time I am near a scanner, in case someone is interested.

cchris2lou":9ksr6ac4 said:
nearly £3k :shock:

that is expensive .

Citroen owners club in britain are bigger than in france .

Thought same applied to Holland.

Back