• Raging_Bulls' SBike 503

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • graham1975's 1997 Kona Koa

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Zinn thing!

saulus":19n7iqzg said:
Lovely bikes. Looks like some serious time & meticulous attention to detail has gone into these beauties.

I'd have the Zinn.

1. It's American bred..& as far as bikes are concerned, I like that.
2. Reynolds tubing.
3. Zinn! IM(uninformed but learnin)O A good bloke.
4. There aren't heaps of them around.
5. I would ogle it if I saw it in the street & I'd take it on a dirty w.e...in the woods.

Simple as that..

Totally agree that the Zinn is lovely but you may have confused Leonard Zinn with Zinn UK. Zinn UK was run by Andy Thompson and his then partner and top race Isla Rowntree (now of IslaBikes fame) and don't have anything other than the name in common with the US legend. On the plus side most of your arguments still stand:
1. It's UK bred, although shared more in common with US bikes like salsa and Bontrager than UK brands like Dawes or Saracen of the time. It was also race bred by one of the UKs top female racers
2. Reynolds tubing
3. Zinn is a nice bloke as are thompson and rowntree!
5. I would ogle it if I saw it in the street & I'd take it on a dirty w.e...in the woods.

Incredible standard this month. The site is really turning into an online museum! :shock: Just for the sheer wow factor, had to plump for the Crosstrac.

Re: Zinn thing!

pete_mcc":2tj92mxc said:
saulus":2tj92mxc said:
Lovely bikes. Looks like some serious time & meticulous attention to detail has gone into these beauties.

I'd have the Zinn.

1. It's American bred..& as far as bikes are concerned, I like that.
2. Reynolds tubing.
3. Zinn! IM(uninformed but learnin)O A good bloke.

Simple as that..

Totally agree that the Zinn is lovely but you may have confused Leonard Zinn with Zinn UK. Zinn UK was run by Andy Thompson and his then partner and top race Isla Rowntree (now of IslaBikes fame) and don't have anything other than the name in common with the US legend. On the plus side most of your arguments still stand:
1. It's UK bred, although shared more in common with US bikes like salsa and Bontrager than UK brands like Dawes or Saracen of the time. It was also race bred by one of the UKs top female racers
2. Reynolds tubing
3. Zinn is a nice bloke as are thompson and rowntree!

Like I said.. I'm uninformed and learnin' :LOL: - You're right I got me Zinn's in a tangle. Thanks for that info ;) Fancy that, 2 Zinn's!

Wow, another awesome collection to choose from.

Honorable mention to Silverfish's fro for the sheer quality of the finish and great photos too :D ..... but Oneschnarks Salsa steals the show for me. I just love everything about it. The proportions are just perfect imho. it wins the 'which one would you take home' contest by a country mile for me. Just beautiful :cool: :cool: :cool:

The admittedly awesome and ultra rare bikes with the (semi) profesional looking pictures cannot get my vote.

The KHS depicts what this site is about for me and takes it. Plus I have ridden one last year in the hills around Aberdeen. A very nice bike, and I'd like it even better if it lost the red tread tires.

Enjoy!!

pete_mcc":3lkp9opn said:
FluffyChicken":3lkp9opn said:
1985 Muddy Fox Big Foot 2 - MADB's
I love it, but isn't it disqualified http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... light=foot
(sorry)

you cant just disqualify it just because its got a Tourney GS Chainset you elitist devil, they were OK back in the 80s.

I do like the Fox, but my love of Yeti's and especially Elite's Yeti, swung me over - added to which I have seen how Elite rides the arse of his bikes so nothing but admiration here!

I think fluffy is saying it should be disqualified because it is up for sale, but the rules are it should be owned by the person entering it, it is only an issue if it sells before the poll ends.

It was close between the Salsa, Silverfish' Yeti and the Zinn.
Being British and steel then the Zinn got my vote.
Amazing standard this month :cool:

Back