Specialized Rockhopper 1997

superstu":1u6brwy6 said:
martymcfly":1u6brwy6 said:
Looks like a great colour, are you going with the original decals?
Thanks Marty

Haven't decided on what decals yet...
Will probably try and get originals decals, but not sure what colour to get them in. The yellow on blue frame originals were good but yellow would be far too light against this.

Nice simple black decals would look very nice on that cream colour.
Looks like a nice finish too!

Couple pictures of the frame...
am aiming to build up in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for looking

d01c7be0-1f33-449e-be3d-43b0de0f27fb.jpg

60e999ec-7363-47f3-9cc4-21cf3d479988.jpg

a2ecd900-6f82-497a-841a-8274e9bed007.jpg

I've started trying to get this together albeit that work and other commitments keep getting in the way.

Here it is starting to take some shape:

861385A8-orig.jpg

DC192E3F-orig.jpg

329DAF57-orig.jpg

C28D6912-orig.jpg

The bright November light (!) is making it look more white than it is - it's a creamy cappucino kind of colour.

sic_nick":1aoh6ojl said:
And now???
Very good question. :oops:
I have been useless as work commitments and impending wedding (next week...eek) are/have taken precedent. I did take it out and looked at it again last week. Have 'ghost' fitted the parts that I have acquired - XT bottom bracket, lx rear mech, lx v brakes, xt front mech, stx-rc shifters. Just need a chainset, chain and cables. Think the chainset will be the lx one from my kona.

I'm hoping to have it built up after I return from honeymoon. Feel bad it has taken me so long to fix up but this is also my first 'real' build myself, trying to do it all myself rather than go to the lbs all the time. So a steep learning curve!

any updates?

FYI i have a tange AHeadset if you are interested? its lost one of the cartridge bearings, but the other bearing plus cups and covers are in good condition.

let me know if you are interested....

Back