Three Tribes "Mass Trespass" ~ Peaks ~ 21/04/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well ive just got that day off so im in too, cant wait for the last descent 3+ mls of total bliss, mmm what should I ride ?
I thought chapel had been re-covered recently? hope not :cry:

mrlee":31o6lsgt said:

Last time I was there it had been mullered by JCBs BUT I have heard it's recovered well...

Vern's been trying to convince me anti- is the way to go, where as I'm a clockwise fan at the moment, so this is time to sort it - either way is a flipin' awesome ride, ProperTM mountain biking in my book, love it and looking forward to it :cool:

And Paul: you're a sick man :evil:

kaya":21fqst7x said:
Rob Atkin":21fqst7x said:
That route is miles better clockwise, the other way to the guide book. Down Jacobs ladder (technical but not mega rocky), up to Mam Tor, down Rushup Edge (one of the best downhills in my opinion) and a easier finish along the Roych is a lot better. Going west from the top of Jacobs Ladder is a long downhill but it's just football size rocks most of the way - very hard work even on a 6" travel modern freeride bike and not in a fun way.

It isn't my ride though, so it's not my choice, but I've ridden that route many times both ways!

What drugs are you on Rob ?? :LOL:

The route is fookin rubbish clock wise (except for Jacobs descent) Ive done this route more times than you,ve changed your under pants and its ALWAYS BETTER anti clock wise, as for the grading its a 3.5 out of 5.
The way rides are graded is 5 is a near death experience, 4 is a epic, 3 is manageable for an average rider, 2 is a bimble on mostly flat ground but in the 15ish miles and 1 is a short flat ride with no hills.
And for needing needing a 6" freeride bike............ the drugs are to strong for you :LOL:

Ps
The ride is not the exactly same as the route we will be taking as we will be descending down Chapel gate, also the descent from the cross on kinder scout to hayfield only has one short uphill and makes it an easy finish to the ride.

cheers kaya

So I'm thinking; UTube is full of films of full-suspension-monkies flouncing down Jacob's Ladder clockwise [Towards Barber Booth], thus the only honourable thing for us red-meat eating empire builders to do is to pedal it anticlockwise uphill. M'kay?

elPedro666":uy1bp8tp said:
mrlee":uy1bp8tp said:

Last time I was there it had been mullered by JCBs BUT I have heard it's recovered well...

Vern's been trying to convince me anti- is the way to go, where as I'm a clockwise fan at the moment, so this is time to sort it - either way is a flipin' awesome ride, ProperTM mountain biking in my book, love it and looking forward to it :cool:

And Paul: you're a sick man :evil:

If a recce reveals Chapelgate to be ruined you could always go all the way to Mam Nick then the bridleway straight down to Edale - not to Hollins Cross then backwards left, just left at Mam Nick. That's an ace descent, like being trapped in a bobsleigh run full of rocks. :shock:

EDIT - Doh! That's the route suggested in the guide book - that route IS awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back