Wanted: Suntour Freewheel Sprockets

ayrzee

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

I'm looking for various splined, not threaded, freewheel sprockets for my New Winner Suntour block, new or good used, preferably in silver finish:

four prong spline: A20T, A22T, A23T, A28T
multi prong spline: B14T, B15T, B17T, B19T

If you have any of these loitering around in your parts box please let me know.

Thanks

Mark

Hi ayrzee :) I think I know what you're after, "the type that are a screw on block but have 4 sprockets that slide on, the first 2 are fixed I think. Anyways, I've got a box of old blocks so I'll dig them out, post a few pics, and if they are what you're after, then we can discuss postage costs :) Later buddy, Laz.

Thanks for your info so far. To be clear, these sprockets are for a screw-on freewheel, late model Suntour Winner. The sprockets themselves for this type of freewheel are all slide-fit sprockets except for the outer sprocket which screws on and secures the rest of them.

As per attached pic, the largest sprockets, 2 per freewheel, have 52mm dia centres with 4 locating prongs (type A). The next 3 sprockets have a smaller 44mm dia centre and use multiple prongs to locate them (type B). They're often stamped with the teeth and type numbers.

Lazarus - Please let me know what you've got.

kermitgreenkona88 - Thanks, saw those on Ebay, but only one of them is any use and that's the wrong colour.

The sizes I need are:
Four prong spline (type A): 20T, 22T, 23T, 26T, 28T
Multi prong spline (type B): 14T, 15T, 17T, 19T

freewheel-gears.jpg

[/img]

I've got a bag with a load in it somewhere in the shed.PM and hassle me if all goes quiet.jm.

suntour freewheel 5 speed with a 26 and 30 on the back

I have a suntour freewheel 5 speed with a 26 and 30 on the back.

Regards..Quizzer

Hi ayrzee :) Sorry about going quiet, forgot about this. I've got all the stuff out on the floor and I have a Suntour Winner freewheel block + allsorts of rings and fitments for it. I'm going to assume this is what you want. The exact cog sizes you require might be a tall order for anyone to help with, so you might have to be flexible on tooth sizes :)

IMHO you should either just acquire a complete Suntour Freewheel for buttons OR take what I have & make do & compromise on cogs sizes :) I'm sure there are enough cogs & spacers here to make a complete 7 speed block. I'll get back to you soon with pics & exact tooth sizes/ cog range (it's 1.00am & I'm tired now), yours Laz.

Hi Lazarus,

I bought a few freewheels off ebay, the New Winner one is the best quality, but there are a couple of gaps in the sprockets I need, the rest are to allow me to play around with different ratios.

The sprockets I need most are: B17, B19, A22 & A26

If you have any of these that'd be great.

Back