25mm diameter Carbon Seat post

Enders13

Retro Newbie
Hi all,

Just joined as I've bought a Look481SL and already found the seat post is a dodgey size compared to modern bikes.

it currently has an alloy 25mm post but would like the bike to be all carbon so looking for a carbon replacement.

I have read that the USE Alien was 25mm

Anyone got owt in good nick hanging around needing a good home?

many thanks in advance,

Mike.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
latman":15mp1he0 said:
If you are successful in getting a carbon 25mm will you be selling the present alloy post ? If yes then what is it ? cheers Ian

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_nkw= ... m270.l1313

It's an alloy one, probably the stock one off the Look 481 Can take it off to check.

Unfortunately the link you had is for a 27.5mm diameter SP. I'll keep hunting. Got a new seat comming this week so when I swap it out I'm going to weigh the existing seat post. Not much point swapping it out if a carbon one weighs more.

Thanks for the interest.

Mike.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I just wrote 25mm carbon into eBay , I am doing up an old Vitus 979 duralinox that came with a campagnolo 25mm post and I think any french one would be more appropriate, The frame has a grub screw on the back of the seat lug so it must be alloy ha ha !

latman":e9vtgjei said:
I just wrote 25mm carbon into eBay , I am doing up an old Vitus 979 duralinox that came with a campagnolo 25mm post and I think any french one would be more appropriate, The frame has a grub screw on the back of the seat lug so it must be alloy ha ha !

Yeah tried that, just comes up with a million seat posts with 25mm off set, tried 1", 1 inch, 25.4mm and come up with nothing that's actually 25mm dia.

It's not that important but the original 481 came with the look ergo post so one will pop up one day.

I have two 25.0mm alloy seatposts, that might be suitable:

1. kalloy, aero style, silver, new and unused. 35 euros posted

2. kalloy, fluted, silver and black, used but decent condition. 25 euros posted

cheers, Andy

Attachments

• DSCN8593.JPG
    DSCN8593.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 4,042
Hi Foz, thanks for the offer, I have a Kalloy Black one in at the mo so it's the same really, hoping to find a carbon one TBH.

Kind regards,

Mike.

Back