Not sure if its retro but its 10 years old

lucas-87

Dirt Disciple
Hey guys just registered i have just bought a 2000 specialized stumpjumper comp for £200 its got fox float r rear shock club roost bars manitour forks mavic rims ritchey seat post and hope xc4 hyraulic disc brakes welgo v8 pedals but proper ones not copies what do you guys recon ???

DSCF1498.jpg

DSCF1499.jpg

DSCF1500.jpg

DSCF1501.jpg

I reckon for £200 you got yourself a very good deal ;)

People have been known to pay £40 or so just for that rear disc brake adaptor :shock:

Welcome to the forum :)

no i bought it of a friend but i'm thinking of selling it its not my type of bike ha ha impulse buy all it needs is new pads front and rear and a new rear rotor then its all good to go it rides a1 tbf all gears work no knocks or cracks or clunks was thinking about turning into a jump/ free ride beast but its a shame to destroy it :roll:

That would never be a jump/freeride bike owing to the lack of suitable travel for that. You would ideally be looking for a bike with about 5 inches of rear travel, a coilover shock and 120mm forks (my opinion, but I dare say I am far off the mark). This, nice as it its, is defninitley a x-country bike.

Keep it, get out on the trails with a sandwich and some cake and enjoy it. Who knows, you might really grow to enjoy getting out there and having a great day out. if not, you should easily get your money back for it on ebay.

Thats my opinion, anyway :)

ah right ace cool thanks for the advice i curently ride a identiti 666x pro which is a flat out dirt jump bike and weighs as much as a tank lol but it takes abuse all day and is reliable with it

I had one one these exactly the same except it was a blue main triangle (mine was a "comp" badged frame).

Mine was a 1999 frame, but think they used the same frame 1999-2000.

Look out for cracks in the chainstays around the "pipe" joining them together ahead of the wheel, mine cracked there and specialized replaced under warranty with a beefed up version.

I also had the same disc mount (AFAIK the disc mount only come on "enduro models of the same era, but could be bought separately direct) and an BETD travel upgrade link.

Decent bike for £200, definately not up to jump / freeride but a great XC bike - would be better with a modern pro pedal shock.

Nice find / buy! ;)

Decent bike for xc, look like its had quite abit of money spent on it over he years and seems to be in reasonable condition!

i had the 2001 blue and white comp version. very nice bikes and really quite miss it :roll:

Back