Panasonic eye candy... 1989 PICS Team Custom frame

I'd grind all the excess metal off and turn it into a nice fixie ! LOL

Seriously though, that is one mighty fine frame. I bet you are chuffed to bits with it.

bwhsh8r":36idl3nm said:
Lol panasonic POS is unfortunately named.... beautiful frame though

Agreed! :LOL: That is why here in America they called them PICS frames... we all knew what a POS was too. haha

If you can find the parts, a Mavic gruppo is a great idea.

Had a look at your online museum there - very impressive! I had no idea they'd made so many smart bikes.

Rich34":360eo5hd said:
If you can find the parts, a Mavic gruppo is a great idea.

Had a look at your online museum there - very impressive! I had no idea they'd made so many smart bikes.

Yes, piecing together a Mavic group will no doubt be uber complicated. It just came to mind as this is a 1989 frame and that was a pretty epic year for the Mavic part group. Nevermind the fact that the Mavic "Starfish" crank is one of my all time favorites.

I sort of want a semi-rare part group for this one, hence my thinking Mavic, Sante or even Suntour Ole (yeah, find THAT one) ;)

Just a few random bits that will wind up on this build...

NOS Looks
IMG_1553.JPG

Aiming for a full NOS Sante Group
IMG_1671.JPG

More Sante
IMG_1945.JPG

Red suede Concor saddle. Sure, why not?
IMG_1672.JPG

It will take quite a while to build piece by piece especially since I'm trying to stay New Old Stock on everything. That is actually part of the fun though... I enjoy hunting for pieces of the puzzle.
:D

Lovely looking frame.

I've got a Mavic groupset (including the starfish) that isn't NOS but in very good condition that isn't doing anything. I suspect that postage to the US would be brutal though.

ededwards":27hen48k said:
Lovely looking frame.

I've got a Mavic groupset (including the starfish) that isn't NOS but in very good condition that isn't doing anything. I suspect that postage to the US would be brutal though.

Oh sure, just throw that out there and expect me to sleep at night. :shock:
I doubt postage would be THAT bad. I could probably buy two Sante groups for what one of the Mavic groups would sell for though.

You could really torment me and post a photo of your Mavic group. ;)

Back