I've joined the Ti crowd.

The shopping list is nearly complete. (It's been re-written a couple of times.)

Frame: Torus polished titanium (Angry Pirate)
Fork: Pace RC30 (Ebay)
Replacement Steerer (ishaw)
Headset: Cane Creek S3 (Frogskin)
Front mech: M900 (Rampage)
Rear mech: M900 (GT-Steve)
Stem: Unbranded (spares box)
Saddle: Bontrager +10 (spares box)
Seatpost: X-lite (Angry Pirate)
Bars: X-lite titanium (Angry Pirate)
Brake levers: X-lite Chicken Stix (Southcoastretro)
Brakes: XT 737 cantis (Brocklanders)
Brake pads: M70 pads and holders (ishaw)
Shifters: XT thumbies (Supergoose)
Cranks: M900 (Valleyman)
Rings: M900 (Valleyman)
Cables: XTR
Cassette: Unbranded 8 speed
Bar ends: Onza (spares box)
Grips: Pro grip (spares box)
Wheels: To be confirmed (Hope & 217SUP?)
BB: Spares box hopefully
Chain: To be confirmed

The original budget has been long since abandoned. I can't wait for all the bits to arrive so I can get closer to taking her out and posting some build pictures.

Picked up the M900 rear mech on Saturday at Thetford from GT-Steve and purchased a pair of X-lite stubbies from a nice man in the carpark. I dont know his name i'm afraid.
(My mum always told me not to accept bar-ends from strange men, but did i listen?)

The XT Thumbies arrived yesterday and then today the M900 cranks and rings arrived from sunny Italy courtesey of Valleyman.

So i thought the sun is shining lets go in the garden and take photos...

Purple chainring bolts wont be staying forever but they'll do for now, I havent done anything with the steerer on the RC30s as they might not be staying and the bottom bracket is just there to fit the cranks on at the moment.

But all in all its coming together.

Attachments

• Torus with XTR & X-lite.jpg
    Torus with XTR & X-lite.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 2,208
  • M900 rings & fr mech.jpg
    M900 rings & fr mech.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 2,208
  • stubbies and thumbies.jpg
    stubbies and thumbies.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 2,208
  • Rear mech.jpg
    Rear mech.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 2,206
The man selling the stubbies was LGF (I think). Nice looking frame BTW, love the polished ti look.

Thanks Chris, appreciate the comment and the heads up re LGF. He doesn't look anything like his photo :LOL:.

Just agreed a price for a pair of UGLI forks :D so the RC30s will have to go.

With a bit of luck she'll be ready for the HONC on the 15th....

Bought a silver Hope headset now so I'll be re-listing the Cane Creek S3 I got from Frogskins. I was struggling to decide between gold and silver hopes but I'm keen to get her to a rideable state.

Hopefully, forks and headset will be there when I get back Wednesday.

Good choices I reckon, gold on ti has been well done, I'm well under-impressed with my S3 and Hope definitely suits :cool:

More please! :D

Thanks, I've been polishing and cleaning out the threads on the M900 cranks and the replacement decals from Gil have come today so hopefully get those finished and on tomorrow evening.

Pics to follow v shortly...

Here's a before and after of the cranks. Polished and with replacement decals from Gil.
Before
5f36059c.jpg

After
7fd832d6.jpg

First time polishing and first time replacing decals, but I think they look ok. (Thanks Gil.) :D

Also, first time using Photobucket App to post pics. Thanks for the suggestion FMJ.

Back