HELP restoring Rocky Mountain

My frame number is on the inside of the seat stay on my Rocky

My suggestion is try emailing Silverfish, they sent my frame number direct to Rocky Mountain Tech and they dated my Rocky accurately :)

www.silverfish-uk.com

cdngrimpeur":1rtqwoqd said:
My Blizzard is ser no B97071449. Wifey's Hammer is B98080406. Both stamped on the bottom bracket.

I´ve looked at the BB shell and look what I found: "CFS 21".

bbshell001nt5.jpg

bbshell005fc4.jpg

Looks like a Rocky Mountain, smells like a Rocky Mountain, sounds like a Rocky Mountain and weight like a Rocky Mountain, but it is really a Rocky Mountain?

My first though when I saw that is its a very old Rocky of some sort, not sure why, but the head tube seems longer than the latter proportionally :?
Not seen any frame numbers on seat tube either. Would not have thought they would go through a period in the late 90's with popping it there.
Also, the welds on the chainstay/BB look VERY neat.

Will check the frame numbers of my Altitudes and Blizzard tonight.

I guess I should also mention that the Hammer has "H 14.5" and the Blizzard has "B 18.5" stamped on the BBs. Those are the sizes of the frames, natch. Almost seems like a Rocky frame number index needs to be established.

cdngrimpeur":eaal6kvi said:
I guess I should also mention that the Hammer has "H 14.5" and the Blizzard has "B 18.5" stamped on the BBs. Those are the sizes of the frames, natch. Almost seems like a Rocky frame number index needs to be established.

Hammer = "H 14.5"
Blizzard = "B 18.5"

Well, the frame is a 21", but what a hell means "CFS" on my BB????

In the 1998 you can see "Cardiac" and "Fusion".

Cardiac, Fusion and Soul all have the same geometry per the 1998 catalogue. I wonder if they all came as the same frame, just outfitted with varying componentry.

cdngrimpeur":pnboh1qr said:
Cardiac, Fusion and Soul all have the same geometry per the 1998 catalogue. I wonder if they all came as the same frame, just outfitted with varying componentry.

Bingo!

CFS = Cardiac / Fusion / Soul

I´m right? So, this is not a Hammer or a Blizzard.

Back