Pace RC200 F3 1st ride 2/5/2012

I don't think you can go wrong with a Syncros really, another trick is to use a taller saddle like a Turbo or WTB, so less post is exposed.
Seem to remember a few of the team used Roox and/or Selcof in line seat posts also. A pal of mine had an "all red" one made up and it had anodised Raceface Turbine cranks and Thermo headset and RF post, think they used RF a fair bit. The old Pace factory is just up the road from me.
Most of these frames were sold as Frame only, I guess it's a case of whatever you fancy really!
I always loved them and they had a big following BITD, wish they had diversified more into Componenents, think this would have been a better move commercially for them?

the x lite i have got is a bit taller than the flite i have also got that could go on, and i have landed a 410mm thomson seatpost. might have the top of it anodised purple to break the black up!

couple of more additions:

rear mech (actually fitted to bike now!)
68479edd.jpg

token bottom bracket with carbon body:

efcfdf4b.jpg

Nice build there, v12. But I've spotted a schoolboy error :D.

Don't worry though, you're not the only one... http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=192022

Easy to fix - just slide the lowers off and flip the crown/steerer around (much easier than pushing the stanchions out of the crown).

Good choice of components as well. Call me a purist but RC200s really need Hope hubs and the 'burns (best looking cranks by a country mile!).

Cheers fella, u gotta have hopes and middleburns every time! I span the crown round yesterday! Can't be having the ti bolts hidden away as well!

Looks miles better now!

couple of small updates on the rc200!

Put the crown facing the right way around!

b9fab9cd.jpg

changed out the seatpost and got a thomson (modern :oops: ahem..)

removed decals in preparation for some silver standard pace ones!

ed366d00.jpg

liking a bit more black in there, considering swapping out the acor purple canti's for some minty m560 black lx's i have got. and maybe swapping the bar ends for some black x lite's (if i can find some!)

Comments as always appreciated!

VERY NICE!!!!!

Black bar ends would be cool, stick a 'turbo' saddle on and get the rear canti's in..Straddle cable is more powerful at 90 degrees!!

:shock:

personally i love that colour scheme, always fancied a Pace and if i was to have one it would be just like yours. Looking forward to hearing how it rides

Pace

Still feel a Syncros post and stem would tone in the best, a bit of rise with the stem may help the riding position too, Awesome build though fella!

Back