Roadie outing - 28th October - APPROX 60 MILES!

The Ken":372wtip9 said:
is a plug not "fixie madness" Dyna? Nice looking bikes though

It is i suppose but i could have added freewheel at least :?
Very clean looking :cool:

Pitlochry

I might be up for this, The ken.
Though can they check they can transfer the entry as I have been told you cant do it and you also cannot run on somebody elses.
Otherwise I would like it please if all that checks out.
Are you going?
Jamie

Yes that is the issue - you need to pretend to be them, you don't get your own name on the results - id or whole sign is supplied - only way it can be done.

I'm doing it but have had a few friends that have dropped out.

Dammit to hell, I was fiendishly trying to concoct a way to get on this Glen Lyon trip too.

I did this exact route about 7 years ago on my Saracen, and the col was fairly brutal even in the granny gear. I can only barely visualise it on a road bike before images of Gazz's knees exploding crowd my fragile eggshell mind.

Fortingall is nice too, apparently home to Europe's oldest sheep, dating from the time of Pontius Pilate. I did the classic 'glide to a stop whilst forgetting I was clipped in' there, just before I did the classic 'splat sideways onto the tarmac'.

The South Loch Tay road surface was pants then though.

therealkw15":34azeuuh said:
, and the col was fairly brutal even in the granny gear.

SHHHH - ah wisnae gonna tell them that ;)

Fortingall has the oldest yew in UK (Europe?) too

One of the guys I was with had a header with a car in the twisties about 3miles west of Fortingall. Was OK though, until he got back to Embra. :shock:

.....and whilst we're dragging up old threads - anyone fancy the Loch Tay circuit between now and xmas :?:

Don't think I can do September - is mid October a suitable target, school hols permitting?

13th is ma burfday =D

Yeah and we might be lucky and get one of those fresh sunny days with blue skies and the vegetation starting to chance colour :D

Back