kona a'ha

I've seen the finished version with perfect, almost interference fit, D lock holder plus added frame saving bumpers. Super cool and a very neat and tidy job.

Just got to persuade him to give it me so I can fit it on the Pompino commuter.....

cheers guys, and as i explained to ed theres alot of work in making these, and i dont think they would sell for the kind of money i would want.

_DSC0065.jpg

all finished now, popped them back off of the bike and will drop off with the powder coater tomorrow and get them painted.

Just been reading through this thread, and this bit really struck me.

kanerdog1x1":319z0obo said:
i didnt really want a humu, as i prefer the a'ha's curved top tube, so this was ideal when i saw it up for sale.

The main reason why it struck me, is that I'm now looking into getting a Humuhumu. I came across a fairly battered one, and loved the curved top tube on that.
Either there is a curved version, that one I saw was a one-off, my mind is slipping already or I really do need glasses.

I still remember exactly where it was, so I may go back there on Tuesday to snap a picture.
Maybe I'll hang a note on the handlebar with my phone number and a nice offer for the bike, but considering the amount of stolen bikes, that's a gamble.

fairly sure all a'ha's had the curved top tube, that was the difference between them and a humu.... thats not to say somebody had one repainted and couldn't get the correct stickers, i know i couldn't at the time. humu's were produced for a number of years, both through most of the 90's and in the mid noughties.

to round this off, i got the barsket (see what i did there?) powdercoated. went for a ride today, bloody cold. good tho.

_DSC0113.jpg

_DSC0108.jpg

:thumbsup:

Excellent craftmanship but you really FUBARed on that paintjob. The Stars n`Stripes theme is a modern classic and an iconic low-volume Kona livery.

I just bought an Humuhumu on a hunch and when I came home I realized that a 16" really is to small for me. An A`ha in Stars would be ace. Here`s to finding one though...

And then I bought this two days ago:

ada346ad.jpg

Really scratching my head over the BMX BB, not wanting to throw stupid amounts of money on this, but would like to sort the crooked crankarms and pedals with something more current. Is Profile the only way to go?

That looks excellent. A modern crank and SPDs would be the bees knees. And then lighter wheels, a nice 80mm Fox fork, a wider bar and a comfortable saddle and I`m there

Latest posts

Back