how to justify a big purchase?!

jonnyboy666":20wjqadx said:
it would wipe out a months wages after bills and leave me with nothing for that month and i'd have to live on beans on toast for the month! :LOL:

i get that most people think the gold is tacky, i would usually agree, but this is not gold ano for the sake of bling, it's ti nitriding and that's way cooler than ano.

i think these transcend 'bling'

if i did get them i'd hope that picking them up in person from Royce (20miles away) that i'd get a little discount, he knocked a little off a previous purchase for saving the cost and hassle of postage.

:D

Nothing wrong iwht beans lol

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
:shock:

The way I justify things if it is less than a tank of petrol £ 80 ish, then no need to think about it cause once you burnt the petrol you have nothing left to show for the £ 80.

amounts more than than need a bit more justification, but depends on what. (I would be talking about bikes, bike parts, HiFi, CDs).
If the item is as new but 1/2 price then that is usually enough to swing it up to £ 2.5 k mark.

Now note I say it depends on what it is. In this case, £ 1100 for a pair of hubs is insanity :shock: , even if they are 24 ct gold .... I could get a pair of Mavic SLRs and tyres and still have change for petrol. If you have come into money or earn a shed load ( > £ 10 k per month) so that £ 1100 is pocket money, then go ahead but I could never jsutify spending more than 1/10 on a pair of hubs.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
in the next 3 weeks i'll will be doing 3 overtime shifts, and we're due a reasonable bonus and i got paid for some pics for bikeradar and that little lot i have worked out almost covers the cost! :D

i think i have done it, i think i have convinced myself!! :shock: :shock:

I do miss White industries and Phil on your list ..... not UK but still very :cool:

white-industries-mi6cx-130mm-cyclocross-disc-hub1.jpg

20367_162949.jpg

jonnyboy666":13khs04t said:
i am leaning towards Royce hubs, i want to build my Demon with different parts than i usually would use so i have some choices:-

chris king hubs £570 rrp
royce hubs standard £450 rrp
royce hubs, racing gold £1150 :shock: :shock:

enlighten me - what is so special about this hub; for example what does it do that a Shimano XTR hubs costing £ 270 cannot?

02gf74":1umloyov said:
jonnyboy666":1umloyov said:
i am leaning towards Royce hubs, i want to build my Demon with different parts than i usually would use so i have some choices:-

chris king hubs £570 rrp

enlighten me - what is so special about this hub; for example what does it do that a Shimano XTR hubs costing £ 270 cannot?

most important...... it has a soul ;)

02gf74":1308768j said:
jonnyboy666":1308768j said:

chris king hubs £570 rrp

i suppose nothing really . . . but that was never the point was it. :D

jonnyboy666":osce36yp said:
it would wipe out a months wages after bills and leave me with nothing for that month and i'd have to live on beans on toast for the month! :LOL:

If you've got £1200 after bills spare each month then it's really not an issue, if you had three kids, a wife and mortgage and only had £100 month spare a month for the whole family then I'd call you a **** for even thinking about it, as your not:

They are made from titanium, what more reason do you need

Back