My old M-Trax! Why oh why did I part with it??

alans27

Old School Hero
Why did I part with this bike? Because I was seduced by the suspension and Aluminium frame of a Marin Palisades Trail in my local bike shop at the time. The Marin is great, but I should have kept the Raleigh too I really should!

Attachments

• {D2268B5A-5598-4D61-AA43-157FF88275AC}-IMG_0370 - Copy.jpg
    {D2268B5A-5598-4D61-AA43-157FF88275AC}-IMG_0370 - Copy.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 1,492
Tis better to have loved and lost........

Get another, thats the beauty of retro biking, anything is possible

Don't most people have a "Why did I let you go" bike.

Mine was a 1992 17" Orange Prestige. :cry:

Lol indeed that was my "why did I let you go" bike! I'll just have to make sure I keep my Marin for years to come so it doesn't end up being one I regret down the line either. Oh and I love the Dyna Tec Diablos!!

Which model was that, it's the same colour scheme as my old one, which was badged as "team edition" but had the Stx SE groupset

The team titanium it was called I think. Not sure if it's the same as the team edition. The cranks from out the factory were defiantly Alvio, not Stx Rc. I had the catalogue at the time so that's how I know for sure.

By the time this photo was taken I'd upgraded the cranks to Deore LX, bought some hand built wheels from Birkenhead cycle exchange (manic rims, double butted spokes and StxRc hubs), changed the grip shift to Stx rapidfire and at the time of the photo it had just had a new cassette and free hub body. Lovely bike!

You have got me wondering now, mine may have been team titanium actually....

However, she still lives on in a Dyna tech - mtrax reincarnation

2159efa2.jpg

Back