Calling All Orange C16R Owners

C16-R

Hi all,

Firstly, I'm new to the forum so big hello's to everyone.

Stumbled across this post regarding Orange C16-R's and thought I'd add some pics of my trusty old steed.
Great to see peeps still riding these machines about as well.

Hope you like!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 1,963
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    348.7 KB · Views: 1,962
Re: C16-R

daved":2n5k8oqc said:
Hi all,

Firstly, I'm new to the forum so big hello's to everyone.

Stumbled across this post regarding Orange C16-R's and thought I'd add some pics of my trusty old steed.
Great to see peeps still riding these machines about as well.

Hope you like!

Welcome to Retrobike, enjoy your time here, it soon becomes an addiction, Nice C16R, Nice colour blue :) Also interesting mix of modern & retro :)

Re: C16-R

Jussa":tdo4e6xe said:
Welcome to Retrobike, enjoy your time here, it soon becomes an addiction, Nice C16R, Nice colour blue :) Also interesting mix of modern & retro :)

Cheers Jussa,

Regarding the colour, I bought this 2nd hand from a guy who used to work at Orange around '96, he told me it was a test build and that the colour was the trial element. In that was true then it's a 1 off unique colour! :cool:

I've never been able to verify that so if you (or anyone else), have ever seen a C16R in the same colour before , I'd love to know! :D

cornholio's RC200":1sxiqmwy said:
As promised, a couple of shots of my wife's '97. Retromod it is. Still some choice components about - LX from all eras, XT Vs, RC-36, Thomson stem, X-Lite risers, Klein Grips :)shock: )

Good spoiler on the back as well :D

P1190354.jpg

Nice! I'm doing something kinda similar....

I just purchased a '95(?) C16R with F7 fork that I'll be rebuilding this weekend with (sacreligeous content warning) a 2010 XT groupset and mounting a Bobike Mini baby seat on the stem.

Here's a pic of said bike in all its clapped-out Alivio-draped glory, with junky steel wheels, from the auction photos. Though I'll be swapping out the Orange branded stem and bars for something with more sweep, I'll be keeping them in a box and hopefully getting it back in mtb mode sometime soon....

Oh, by the way, it now has primer on the BB shell as heat was needed to remove the old bottom bracket. Goddammit!

Orange01.jpg

Loving the pics of your C16R's, folks! I'm glad to be a new member of the club

Few updated pics, Me riding my 1996 C16R at the Retrobike Nationals, Thetford Forest Event 24/03/12.

And another pic of my 1994 C16R, after a few more modifications,

Enjoy :D

Attachments

• c16rpace1_132.jpg
    c16rpace1_132.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 1,800
  • MeonC16R.JPG
    MeonC16R.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,800
Daved......interesting history on your colour, unfortunately Mrs JBD also has C16R in this blue, I bought it direct from Orange when I was working at John Atkins Cycles and they custom sprayed it for me in that colour and supplied it without decals fitted[I got red ones], this was after I had seen the "custom colours" they were doing at the time when we visited the factory on a shop visit.

Orange did a wind chime shop display with all the custom colours which is hanging in my workshop :D

..and I thought ours was a unique colour too!!!

I will sort a pic at some point for you Jussa!

justbackdated":2bfslbzw said:
I will sort a pic at some point for you Jussa!

Look forward to that Tim, also as you can see my RC35's working great, thanks for all your help and support on both my pairs of PACE forks :D

I'm sure i will be intouch in the future :)

Jussa

My C-16r

Hi, just to add mine to the growing list!

Still fairly standard and do I keep it that way (the rims are cracking though think the clock is ticking!!!), or start to bring her up to date? .... guess finances will also guide that!

Whats the pic doping all the way over there!!!!

ps - I know it has a very uncool lock on it!...I use it also daily to drag me to the station....

Attachments

• bike_350.jpg
    bike_350.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 1,619
Re: My C-16r

Richardcs":wm6zt9zz said:
Hi, just to add mine to the growing list!

Still fairly standard and do I keep it that way (the rims are cracking though think the clock is ticking!!!), or start to bring her up to date? .... guess finances will also guide that!

Whats the pic doping all the way over there!!!!

ps - I know it has a very uncool lock on it!...I use it also daily to drag me to the station....

Looks like a cracking start to a good build, On the 'Rims' side of things, I've got my 1996 C16R On Shimano XT Hubs and Ritchey Rock Comp Rims, and my 1994 C16R on Hope Hubs and Shimano 121 SUP Rims, I've also ran a set of STX-RC Hubs on Mavic 217's & 517's Its personal choice and there are loadsa options, as i'm totting over 6ft and pushing 100kgs i need some strong wheels ;)

Anyway enjoy the Forum and keep in touch with the build :D

Jussa :)

rims

ta - Id love some hope hubs (great noise!), but I think once I have a couple of quid come payday ill just see what people are selling on here at the end of the month!....seems to be an achilles heal of the Fir rims.... somethign abotu not having eyelets?....

Back