Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

there was a tatty Tufftrax in a similar pink paint job to that at Newton re-cycling ctre a few days ago. 400LX, large frame. They probably would ask too much for it but if you want one it might still be there.

coomber":10cz61oh said:
Show me more!

Last one for the moment, I will get more at the weekend when it comes home :cool: it needs some serious love'n :roll:

969a8c08.jpg

Gravy Monster":186e47gp said:
coomber":186e47gp said:
Show me more!

Last one for the moment, I will get more at the weekend when it comes home :cool: it needs some serious love'n :roll:

At first i thought it may be a 90 tufftrax but reckon it could be a 89 kili flyer or some special they did? Looks very exciting :cool:

It's no Tuffrax ;)

Its a strange one, I believe it's an 89 kili flyer but was a another parts bin special as it has 1990 decals with a 89 head badge, 1" headset , it also has deore ll and dx mix of a groupset , and has dx sti apposed to thumbies :(

It does have a fillet brazed tange prestige tub set & fillet brazed forks :cool:

Special or what :LOL:

Gravy Monster":2lwm8950 said:
It's no Tuffrax ;)

Its a strange one, I believe it's an 89 kili flyer but was a another parts bin special as it has 1990 decals with a 89 head badge, 1" headset , it also has deore ll and dx mix of a groupset , and has dx sti apposed to thumbies :(

It does have a fillet brazed tange prestige tub set & fillet brazed forks :cool:

Special or what :LOL:

Very special indeed. I new it was no tufftrax when i saw the brazing.. Did the original 89 kili flyer have the tt special edition decal?

Not half as special as your 853 :shock: very very very nice indeed, loving the colour :cool:

The 89 Kili was same colour and was liveried up as a Kili Flyer, this is probably a way of moving on old stock by adding STI that came out in 1990. I have never seen or heard of a Special edition before, limited edition yes during several years.

I will give it some elbow grease at the weekend and get some pics up.

Does anyone reckon there was ever much of a game plan at Saracen back in those days? I like the fact that different stuff turns up all the time, probably all made on a friday afternoon after the pub lunch!

Gravy Monster":2k9qaayw said:
Not half as special as your 853 :shock: very very very nice indeed, loving the colour :cool:

The 89 Kili was same colour and was liveried up as a Kili Flyer, this is probably a way of moving on old stock by adding STI that came out in 1990. I have never seen or heard of a Special edition before, limited edition yes during several years.

I will give it some elbow grease at the weekend and get some pics up.

Cheers GM! Can't wait for some more info on this "special edition" :cool:

Back