Cotic Simple - Custard

trek_y

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
What would you prefer to be doing today in this glorious sunny weather -
go to work or take the day off and put a bike together ?
Thought so ...... ;)
Having built up my Airborne titanium as a single speed and finding I rather liked the more beers than gears approach but couldn't justify keeping it as such I've decided to have another go so here's my Cotic Simple in Custard colour (yum!), looks more yellowy than the photos show, a proper SS frame with horizontal dropouts - no chain tension nightmares phew ! - in 853 steel. I picked this up from Ebay for a very reasonable price so going to build up with cheap bits I had either spare or sourced from the good people of Retrobike as a trail centre or local roads rider.

Attachments

• simple-parts.jpg
    simple-parts.jpg
    204 KB · Views: 1,096
  • simple-head.jpg
    simple-head.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 1,095
  • simple-frame.jpg
    simple-frame.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 1,095
I think I was watching that one too. Was quite tempted by the custardy-ness but forgot all about it. Sounds like a good way to spend a day off!

Owned mine since new back in 2008, I have more expensive bikes but this is the one I ride the most and gives me the most pleasure. Great frames the only thing that I would replace are the track bolts they losen during rides, I replaced them a few times but gave up and bought some DMR chain tugs.

All the best with your build.

Matt

Almost finished .... thwarted by a stripped couple of chainring bolts and needing a joining link for the chain. Bah !
Rather like it but not sure about those 29er forks ! :shock: Looks a bit like a beach cruiser ? Got some 100mm Rebas which may work better and also want to make a few changes like brown saddle and grips so roll on the next sunny afternoon off !

Attachments

• simple-build1.jpg
    simple-build1.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 1,050
Back