A Brodie in the Wild

Retro_Roy

BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
hi all
took advantage of our beautiful spring weather yesterday instead of toiling in the yard. i picked this one up last month and hadn't ridden it yet. now was the time.
it's a built in dec. 1991 brodie climbax purchased from original owner. it came with the gatorblade fork too. :D he put the rock shox fork on shortly after purchasing the bike so the gatorblade is in great shape. now i've ridden it with the suspension fork it will be replaced.
bike is a really nice ride. feels very nimble and quick accelleration. my ride took me past a fellow retro bikers home. and as luck would have it he was home. i stopped to say hi and got an unexpected treat. a sampling of his stable of bikes. i got to ride his newly finished lightspeed titanium, rm altitude, rm ti-bolt, dekerf st, and rm tantalus.
turned out to be one hell of a day. :shock:
once i get the gatorblade back on with a few other tweek i'll post more pictures. this one will be a rider. no full resto. too nice and original for that. and yes, the original hockey tape on chainstay is staying. :LOL:
roy

Attachments

• Brodie Climbmax2 083.JPG
    Brodie Climbmax2 083.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 1,246
  • Brodie Climbmax2 084.JPG
    Brodie Climbmax2 084.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 1,246
Lovely looking bike, can't wait to see it with the proper forks ;)

Epic day indeed
Of those you rode which was your favourite ...and why ?
P.s. Get some pics of this aladdins cave so I can drool over the Rockies :LOL:

need to relocate to the west coast. :( maybe i'll get to ride some of those steeds you mentioned one day.

hi
all rode nice. but the set up wasn't quite to my liking. i prefer a flat stem and straight bars. most of these had slightly raised stems and riser bars. i think i liked the tantalus and then the dekerf the best. couldn't believe how light the tantalus was. was a very enjoyable afternoon for sure. still was nice to hop back on the brodie though. :)
hey i need that bag to carry all my stuff and lunch. :oops:
okay not the coolest but it works.
roy

Re:

I'm sure Eric won't mind if we stick it here too Roy :D

16055312874_301e2680aa_o.jpg

Back