Show us yer FSR's

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
My FSR is finished, I enjoyed two 3hour-rides already, feels great! Setup needs some small adjustments but that's okay ;)

medium_SAM_0468.JPG
medium_SAM_0470.JPG

And some may remember my problem with the FD, i fixed that by using a screw with a smaller head. Easy, cheap and 2mm of space between the screw and the backbone...

medium_SAM_0471.JPG

Best
Tom

thats some tight tolerance you're running there! think i'll be sticking to 2x9 for a while!! although tempter to know where the screw came from...??? :p

that Ebay FSR has gone for a lot more than usual - i agree with what bullpup says, but interested to know why it went from £100 starting bid to £300 - especially since the feedback rating of the first bidder is so very low...
anyway, probs best left for another thread!

Grugru,i love the orange and red combo :) i have some lovely orange manitous i'd love to fix up and fit to my FSR :) - if only i could find them....?!?!

twain":9uj9jt3n said:
thats some tight tolerance you're running there! think i'll be sticking to 2x9 for a while!! although tempter to know where the screw came from...??? :p

that Ebay FSR has gone for a lot more than usual - i agree with what bullpup says, but interested to know why it went from £100 starting bid to £300 - especially since the feedback rating of the first bidder is so very low...
anyway, probs best left for another thread!

Grugru,i love the orange and red combo :) i have some lovely orange manitous i'd love to fix up and fit to my FSR :) - if only i could find them....?!?!

Red? I didn't use red ;)

The screw is from a local metal store, I don't know how you call this in UK. Fine thread needed, usually these screws are way too long (2-3 inches), but cutting is quite easy.

FSR Seat Stay

Afternoon All

Has anyone got a pre 2000 Seat Stay - ideally the chunky silver one - that I can beg borrow or even buy. It must be pre-drilled to take a sharkfin.

Reason - I need one to use as a template before I drill mine to take an adapter and despite Twains kind help with photos etc I keep chickening out. It seems daft to pay someone else to do it.

I probably only need it for a day and will happily cover postage costs etc.

Many thanks

Bought some mint 2001 Marz Drop Offs for my FSR but the steerer is a little too short, i have sent am email to Windwave for a price to fit a new steerer (believe its around £40-60)

In the mean time i picked up one of these as they were faaaarrr to cheap (£13 plus postage LOL) and the stock Rockshox Deluxe i was running has seen better days.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300697244647? ... 893wt_1171

Will dig out a few pics as i finished installing it yesterday, the bushing holes are 8mm and the 98 FSr uses 6mm bolts, so i popped over to B&Q and picked up a meter of 8mm OD steel tube for £1.83 in the clearance corner :)

The tube has a 1mm wall thickness, so i cut it down to size, pressed it through the X-Fusion bush spacers and it slotted right into the 98 FSR frame/linkage no trouble at all.

Mine came with a 650lb spring not the 550lb stated, which is fine as the stock Rockshox one i was using was 750lb and i was swapping back and forth between the 750lb one and a spare 650lb spring i salvaged from a BSO

It feels a lot better than the one i removed while blasting around the car park, and the lockout feature is great, pretty sure the adjustment knob is affecting both compression and rebound when fiddled with, but i have not broken in the shox yet so it could just be settling down.

I also used a few nylon washers either side of the bushing spacers, i think it was around a fiver for 25 of them :)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back