• Lamima's Raleigh Dynatech Torus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Raging_Bulls' SBike 503

• graham1975's 1997 Kona Koa

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
'cause I own and ride a '88ish Yeti FRO, my vote goes to the Salsa, it's awesome and I hold it in my hands at the Berlin Bike Show.

Phil, great job you done.

cheers

My musings, I quite like see what other thought of each in the rBoTM's I've read through.
So here goes

1989 Salsa - oneschnark
Clean loook, nice cable lines, odd seat Q/R position for me. All seems to work well together.

1993 Klein Attitude - GearlessinSeattle's
- not for me

Crosstrac - stefan9113's
-not for me, at chainset level it all looks good. Then I look up. That chainset does go well though.

Yeti Ultimate - elite504's
-not for me

1987 Yeti FRO - Silverfish's
- though not for me, I'm quite drawn to the nice loverly elegant build

1991 Parkpre Sledgehammer - REKIBorter's
-not for me, it's either the colour scheme or rear triangle.

Zinn Z-Centaur - Giom6's
Build is nice and clean, loverly frame and forks, stem. Just to me it looks like it's a touch to small for the rider and it's being adjusted to try and fit.

Univega FS700 - Danny Boy's
- no.

KHS Montana Team  - racer x's
- Nice even with the tyres. silver stem, in my eyes, would work better and the rear cable outer is niggling me around the seat tube, it needs to be a touch shorter.

1985 Muddy Fox Big Foot 2 - MADB's
I love it, but isn't it disqualified http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... light=foot
(sorry)

Marin Pine Mountain FRS - Nader's
- Seems to be all about the picture, not about the bike

Klein Mantra Race 69er - the0r1st's
- not for me

Raleigh Dynatech Torus - Lamima's
- Plenty of nice scenery, cannot see the bike detail, it's lost in the background.

SBike 503 – Raging_Bull
- Like the picture, backdrop here actually helps oddly showing off the frame. All seems to work even for low end parts. Risers though, with a crossbar...

1997 Kona Koa - graham1975's
- reflectors at different radial places. Ok build, sort of thing I'd slap together (and do) just doesn't quite match up to others though

FluffyChicken":3c9pagg9 said:
SBike 503 – Raging_Bull
- Like the picture, backdrop here actually helps oddly showing off the frame. All seems to work even for low end parts. Risers though, with a crossbar...

I know what you mean about the risers.

Even I'll admit that it just looks better with a flat bar, but I really can't do that because then it would become a garage queen.
My back prohibits me from riding anything that has the handlebars below the saddle, and even these bars are borderline.
Now that the weather is good, I'm racking up at least 30 miles every day. With a straight bar I wouldn't manage 5 miles without spending the next 3 days in my bed. That's how bad my back is.

I could have put straight bars on for the photos, but I'd consider that cheating. The bike is ridden with these risers, so IMO it should be entered in BotM with the risers.
This competition is a great way of showing the lesser-known brands and models to a broader audience that wouldn't see them otherwise. I have no aspirations of winning and with the other bikes here the chances are slim anyway. As a result I don't care if the risers cost me a few votes. I enjoy the bike as it is, and in the end that's all that counts.

Thanks for the nice bit in your comment though.

Raging_Bulls":3sx7pfjy said:
This competition is a great way of showing the lesser-known brands and models to a broader audience that wouldn't see them otherwise.

Your bike is awesome! I was glad to see it

FluffyChicken":3kxptm6o said:
Zinn Z-Centaur - Giom6's
Build is nice and clean, loverly frame and forks, stem. Just to me it looks like it's a touch to small for the rider and it's being adjusted to try and fit.

Have to disagree with you there I'm afraid. Its identical to the bike I had when I originally ownded it and I rode it for about 12 years with no problems. It fitted me perfectly then and the set up is exactly the same now...

Wow! It's between the Ultimate and the FRO for me. Can't believe the attention to detail that Silverfish has gone into - absolutely superb!

So it's the FRO for me :D

FluffyChicken":2slctz9l said:
1987 Yeti FRO - Silverfish's
- though not for me, I'm quite drawn to the nice loverly elegant build

Thanks FluffyChicken - I wanted to be period correct, but also wanted to build something I would be more than happy to ride. Was worried the stem was going to be a little too long but TT on the 18" FRO plus the long stem is actually pretty much bang on for me. Am even getting used to the super narrow bars - going from a 27.5" Atlas FR bar to a 22" True Temper was quite an eye opener on the descent at Haldon!

Andy B":2slctz9l said:
gump":2slctz9l said:
Loving the Yetis, so clean!
Too clean IMHO.

It's not clean anymore :D Will post some ride pics from Haldon on my build thread.

Latest posts

Back