Looking for a steel frame

madjh

98+ BoTM Winner
Yeti Fan
:cool: I’m looking for a steel frame.

I’ve two options: New or second hand.

If you buy a new one, what will you buy?

I’ve tree favourites frames:

• The first one is the RM blizzar, retro look and very very beautiful, but not for V brakes :( and not for SS (that has a solution). Another problem is that it’s a bit difficult to find. Frame is a Reynolds 853. Weight near 2Kg

• Second option is the Marin pine mountain, a very beautiful frame made with Columbus tubes; I don’t know where I can buy it. New model has hydroformed tubes? I like the old frame, in this frame I think that you can put V brakes.

• The last one is the voodoo bizzango, another Reynolds 853 frame with a different geometry, in e-bay you can find it cheap.

An if I buy an old one, yes I want a “Yo Eddyâ€

Attachments

• z-05-blizzard.jpg
    z-05-blizzard.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,816
I can recommend the RM Blizzard, but then I've got one, so I suppose I would say that. :LOL:

I believe that up to 2006 they came with V brake studs (removable) as well as disc brake mounts. However, if you have the option I would go for disc brakes any time, if I was you.
I am running Magura Marta SL's on mine and I think they're ace :!:

Attachments

• RM-Blizzard--1.jpg
    RM-Blizzard--1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 1,784
Incredible that blizzar, the problem is that I have another RM, an ETSX(incredible bike with tropical components like my XTR gold ed, Hygia brakes, CK, Electra, Kent Eriksen etc...), and I want to have another beauty in my garage with other name.

If I cannot find a frame as good as the RM, I´ll choose it.

What about the voodoo?

I know few about the on one steal frame. I like it, but i don´t know if the geometry is good for xc -all mountain (cilmb well and go down well) an what obout that dropouts, allowed ss?

Razesa ... I´ll study that option (geometry, V-brake option, dropouts ...)

Attachments

• on one.jpg
    on one.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 1,753
On One do a variety of options with the Inbred and with the sliding dropout ones you can have ss as well. Older Inbreds were ss only.

If you want a more all mountain type then On One do the 456 (for 100mm to 150mm forks) that might be worth a look.

Well I ´ll put my idea in aphoto, this is my ideal bike(with custon pain job of course), but with a nexus inter 8 instead a pure ss, V brakes (I have th avid sd7 and the SD2.0 ao OFCOURSE, A 26"

I ´m going to buy a fork similar than these one, but in 26".

Attachments

• Goat19Side.jpg
    Goat19Side.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 1,729
Very funny the groovy logo, it remind me the Scyp one (The S with the crown)

Really a good option, BUT has a problem. I know Kent Eriksen, who works with Ti and it is in USA too. I only bought the seat post for my RM, It was not very expensive but the taxes to bring to Europe are incredible high.( I´ve been catched only one time :roll: but it was enought)

I’m looking only in European shops, like one in UK-ebay that has the voodoo very cheap (I cannot remember now the name).

:) Blizzard is a fine choice... :cool:

IMG_1213.jpg

but, you do have other nice options On-one as ededwards says. What about a Kona Explosif with sliding drop outs? suitable for disc & v-brakes :) Also you mention Voodoo.. again a good choice. My mate has a Wanga with the same sliding drop out.

Like Melvin say's though, you could get something custom from Rody :cool:

Blizzard a good choice :)

On-one are ok, just a bit heavy and may not be finished as well..cheap though! Not really in same class as a Blizzard.

Back