90s kona fire mountain shock......info please!

marshole82

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
Hey all,

Bought the above frame about 2 years ago, not sure on year, its blue cromo, canti/v only.

I've been running some 2000 bomber z3 100mm forks but I'm looking to do more commuting so want to go rigid. As far as I can tell forks are available in 425mm, 445mm and 465mm length (crown to axle).

Forks to replace the bombers should be 445 but I'd like to return to original geometry, so does anyone have any idea what forks the bike came on? And the length?

Big ask, I know, can try to find pics if need be....

Cheers, oli

Should be built around 80mm forks. So would be 420 I guess. If rigid, 445 or taller will be very high front end.

Turns out it was built with rock shod quadra 5 forks....a whopping 63mm of travel. These things were truly awful.

As I'm currently on 100mm I imagine I'm pretty upright, so maybe the 425 length will see me right.

marshole82":3nj99147 said:
Turns out it was built with rock shod quadra 5 forks....a whopping 63mm of travel. These things were truly awful.

As I'm currently on 100mm I imagine I'm pretty upright, so maybe the 425 length will see me right.

410 I imagine. Kona kept the same geometry until 2000 I think, and they had 80mm forks then.

Put a wanted ad here, Project 2's are pretty easy to get hold of. And a nice fork.

Back