how to justify a big purchase?!

As others have said - you can't really justify them, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't get them.

As to which to get, maybe wait until you've got the frame painted, and work out if they will suit the build - something that bling could make or break a builds looks.

Failing that, just buy em and either use them if they suit the build, or leave them on the shelf as art/bikepron if they don't.

Go for the royce.Local builder was tempting me with a pair a couple of weeks ago
Really lovely hubs :cool:

tintin40":3u4ht50o said:
You can't have the gold hubs you aren't a chav, live in Essex, Have gold teeth, wear jeans round your knee caps, have a gold chain.....

Gold is naff. What was Royce thinking :roll:

Agree totally - just like gold taps and towel warmers and that sort of stuff, far too chav-ish. I hate them with a vengence
:evil:

IMO no one could ever justify paying that much for hubs. Twice as much as Kings? :shock:

That's not the point though. If you can afford them and want them then you don't need to justify it. It's your cash ;)

it would wipe out a months wages after bills and leave me with nothing for that month and i'd have to live on beans on toast for the month! :LOL:

i get that most people think the gold is tacky, i would usually agree, but this is not gold ano for the sake of bling, it's ti nitriding and that's way cooler than ano.

i think these transcend 'bling'

if i did get them i'd hope that picking them up in person from Royce (20miles away) that i'd get a little discount, he knocked a little off a previous purchase for saving the cost and hassle of postage.

:D

:shock:

yeah, i cant complain the prices i have spent on parts then sold them at next to nothing :LOL: :oops:

brocklanders023":1lpdzepr said:
If you can afford them and want them then you don't need to justify it. It's your cash ;)

That's all need to do :cool:

So buy them and show us

jonnyboy666":24psy1kd said:
it would wipe out a months wages after bills and leave me with nothing for that month and i'd have to live on beans on toast for the month! :LOL:

i get that most people think the gold is tacky, i would usually agree, but this is not gold ano for the sake of bling, it's ti nitriding and that's way cooler than ano.

i think these transcend 'bling'

if i did get them i'd hope that picking them up in person from Royce (20miles away) that i'd get a little discount, he knocked a little off a previous purchase for saving the cost and hassle of postage.

:D

That's about £8 saved on postage. That makes them look a bargain then :shock:

he did about 5% off and no postage, so about 60 quid, nothing on 1150 really but like tesco, every little helps!

also at 1150 rrp i'd imagine the post cost would be a little higher than £8! more for the insurance of the item.

i have been looking at bills etc, trying to decide whether i should/can buy them.

:p

jonnyboy666":n3s9h6zt said:
he did about 5% off and no postage, so about 60 quid, nothing on 1150 really but like tesco, every little helps!

also at 1150 rrp i'd imagine the post cost would be a little higher than £8! more for the insurance of the item.

i have been looking at bills etc, trying to decide whether i should/can buy them.

:p

Sounds like you've justified them to yourself, that's often the most difficult! :twisted:

Back